Can someone offer Vegas Help Please?

salty09

I have been using vegas pro for about 3 months. I use a sb live card and have had no prblem except for having to change my recording setting on the sound card mixer when I use programs such as roger wilco or battle com for gaming, but today when I went to record some tracks I could not get the buss selector to show up in the new track display or the record arming button either. I have looked through manul and havnt found naything that fixes the problem unless im missing something. It will let me record tracks by pushing the main record button but when I push that it opens up a new track and starts to record immediatly. I have spent about 4 hours trying to find the problem and now im seeking help thx.

Sorry about that, turn down your "GRAPHICS ACCELERATION". ;)

START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL>
DISPLAY>SETTINGS>ADVANCED PROPERTIES

I hope that this will help you. :D

spin

wow changed from 32 to 16 bit color and it fixed it. damn good call! Thats a weird thing to cause that whats that all about? thx so much for the help you truly are a force of nature!

hmmm fixed the problem with the record arm but still cant assign tracks to busses. well half way there hehe my mood has shifted dramatically hehe

When you open a new .veg file you have to define how many busses you want. I think the default is one. If you don't add more in this dialog box (can be changed at any time, not just when opening a new .veg file) the bus selections won't show up in the tracks.

Your other problem is due to you not "inserting" and "arming" a track before pushing the record button. When you Insert a track you'll get a round button in the track display (2nd from the left) which when pushed will turn red and start to blink. You then push the record button and no new track will be inserted. The recording will occur on the one(s) that are armed.

Well, I'm glad that I could be of some help (with half of your problem). :D

drstawl, has provided the added information that you necessitate.

:)

peace...

spin

Yeah I had added the new track but the record arm button wasnt appearing in the track box but when i cut down to 16 bit instead of 32 bit color it fixed that problem.

On the busses I have the automatic setup to be 4 busses and that has always worked fine but now I am not seeing the bus indicator in the track box and not having the option to change which bus I send the track through. Thx again for the help. Its workable now hehe but only have one bus sigh still better then my analog fostex which I actually use as the preamp and input into my soundcard hehe. Works okay sure it isnt quite as nice as a recording package but oh well still sounds better then tape did.

I had the same problem, bugged me for days....

My solution was that I had accidentally resized the window that displays track info. After I dragged that puppy a little to the right, everything came back!!!

Really screwy...

Queue

Back