Can mic splitters split headset mics?

dumnone

I want to split my headset mic source into 3 independent mic signals. 2 because I want 1 to feed a soundcard on one computer and another soundcard on another computer. And an additional one I want to amplify to a line-level signal to my ears to monitor the mic with.

I see online there are transformer based mic splitters with xlr connections as well as pre-amps like the cloud cl1. Can these be used with mic signals of headset mics or not?

The answer is sort of yes. If the transformer says one of the outputs has feed through DC for phantom then this will also work with 5v hot power on pin 2 or 3. If it’s not got this DC path it wont work as the transformer filters out the powering voltage.

The answer is sort of yes. If the transformer says one of the outputs has feed through DC for phantom then this will also work with 5v hot power on pin 2 or 3. If it’s not got this DC path it wont work as the transformer filters out the powering voltage.
Thanks; and so to confirm... would something like the Whirlwind IMP 1x3 work? :

```
Whirlwind SP1X3 Mic-level Splitter Features at a Glance:
  • Splits 1 microphone-level input into 3 outputs
  • The 3 outputs consist of two transformer-isolated splits and a direct output
  • All-metal chassis built for the rigors of live use
    ```

If the transformer says one of the outputs has feed through DC for phantom then this will also work with 5v hot power on pin 2 or 3. If it’s not got this DC path it wont work as the transformer filters out the powering voltage.
Can you explain what you mean by 5v hot power? Where would that be coming from?

Back