Can me raise my Pickup while guitar still plugged in?

I don't want shock myself or kill myself. Can I adjust the dog while still plugged in?

Is the dog still plugged in or are you still plugged in. Either way don't adjust your pickups while you are still plugged in. If the dog is plugged in you should be OK.

:confused:

i'm always plugged in. =]

oh, and i always adjust pickups when plugged in. it won't shock you anymore than playing while it's plugged in.

is it too much of a hassle to unplug it? Or are you so good that you can do it while playing at a gig?

I always adjust my pickups while still plugged in, so I can hear what it sound like. But then I have a strat and it's just a matter of turning a screw with a screwdriver.

is it too much of a hassle to unplug it? Or are you so good that you can do it while playing at a gig?

I actually adjusted my trem arm to vary the height of the bridge pickup instead of detune the strings. Now I can play smokin hot solos and slightly vary the volume and tone with the tweak of the trem!

Okay no not really. But you should be fine adjusting with the thing plugged in.

Since the only accurate way to adjust pickups is by ear (make them sound good, and make them sound balanced), I would go so far as to say there is no way (at least, no time efficient way) to adjust pickups while the guitar is unplugged.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

i haven't gigged in years so i can't answer your second question.

why unplug the guitar just to set the height of the pickup??? it doesn't make any sense.

yup. it's a hassle. this is a set it and forget it procedure. when adjusting pickup height i'm looking for a sweet spot so i'm playing the guitar during the adjustment.

Back