can i use replacement sounds with cakewalk pro audio 9?

nascentjunkie

I just need to know if i can use replacement sounds in cakewalk pro audio 9 or not, or what program i can get to use them. What i mean by replacements is that i will gate the drum and i will be replacing the sound of the old with a pre-recorded sound. So its like triggers sorta... whatever. I just wanted to know if there was a stand alone program that would do this or if cakewalk could do it. Alright any comments appreciated...(bascially this guys drumset that i am recording sucks... and i told him to get new heads and stuff and he didn't, which i am implying were worse then managable, so the sounds are bad.) Thanks again. ~Andrew

PA9 doesn't have any DXi softsynth support. If you want additional sounds, you either have to buy an external MIDI synth or use SoundFonts if you have a Sound Blaster card.

I would suggest paying $70 for Home Studio 2004, which is basically the same thing as Sonar 2.2 and gives you full DXi support.

Yes, I believe he wants Drumagog. I assume you want to use audio pulse of your drum audio tracks to trigger MIDI note of drums synth/sampler, right? Drumagog is the tools. I never used it myself, so I can't tell if it runs on PA9.

;)
Jaymz

Back