can i use my outboard multitracker to mix in cubase?

floppsybunny

i'm running cubase LE and i have an outboard digital 16-track [Korg's d1600mkII] that is also a midi device - but cubase doesn't have it listed in the midi controllers page. is there a way for me to set this up so that i can control the faders and pan positions in cubase from my multitracker?

any help appreciated! thanks a lot.

a buddy of mine has one of those and i dont see it happening... korg would need to write specific controller drivers for that unit i believe... check your manual to see if midi controller data is supported... you'ld have to build your own template (within cubase) for controll that way...

Sure you can. What you need to do is set up a generic remote (in the manual) and assign each physical control to what ever you want it to do in cubase. I would use midiox to sniff the midi port to see what sends what out of the mixer since remapping would probably either be impossible or a pain so using the defaults would be the way to go

thanks. i figured it out. for anyone else - you just have to set the korg up to transmit control changes in SysUSb > MIDI. and then add the generic midi device in cubase. the generic fader 1-16 program in cubase works perfectly well.

Back