can i upgrade my system from a 32 bit system to a 64 bit system?

manmustwack

Hi guys I bought cubase 5 early this year only to findout that I couldn't install it into computer because it was an old version which didn't haves enough GB so in may I bought a new Windows 7 vista online from a company that specialize in music PCs I also bought stylus RMX and omnisphere from them and sent them my cubase 5 with cubase 6 upgrade which I later bought.

When I recieved my system everything was working fine only for me to notice when using omnisphere that I can hardly use sounds on on more than 4 tracks before cubase says something about the memory and the system crashes. Then going through the omnisphere tutorial I findout that I need a 64 bit system to work fine and that my system that i didn't even know at the time was a 32 bit system with only 3 GB of ram.

So my question is, is it possible to upgrade my system from a 32 bit system to a 64 bit system?

You would have to install Cubase 64-bit. And would have to reinstall everything when starting with a new OS as far as I know. Maybe on a separate partition? Not the one to ask about that really.

I run C6 32-bit and 64-bit. I don't use many VSTi's so haven't had the need for the extra RAM yet that 64-bit would give. Plus many of my plugins are 32 bit. 32 bit plugs are known to work fine in 64-bit Cubase with use of J-bridge. But I have not yet found the need to purchase it and move to 64.

For your purposes I suppose, more RAM accessibility would be beneficial.

Back