Can I stretch audio to correct tempo?

HollowMan1975

I recorded our drummer this past couple weeks with a Boss BR-1600 using 8 microphones. It sounded good when we did it, and we used a click track in headphones, but when I uploaded the .wav files it seems like he had a tendency to race during some parts and then slow down to get back on track. The result is noticeably uneven double kick patterns, and everything else. Fortunately he played all the other drums in time with the kick (the kick wasn't the only thing that was 'out'). So I think if I mix down the audio just the way I like it to 2 tracks, then I would like to use the Groove Clips function in Sonar 3 to tell the computer exactly when each 16th note was, and have the software push and pull the waveform back into shape, essentially quantizing the audio.

I tried putting markers in the Groove Clips pane on each kick drum hit, and the resolution is set to 16th notes, but when I exit the window it doesn't seem to have stretched the audio at all, even though the clip is 'stretch enabled'.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible?

HollowMan1975 said:
Is what I'm trying to do even possible?
Not really. If the drums are on separate tracks, you could try moving them individually by splitting the track and sliding each off-time hit. However, this will be a bit tedious. Probably easier just to have him play it over.

Back