Can i power protools with a M-Audio Axiom 49

I searched and searched for a way to use my Axiom 61 as a controller for Pro Tools.. and could not find an answer. I was able to make the transport work (play, fast forward, rewind, stop, etc.) and the 'drum pads', but could not get the slider/faders or rotary knobs to control anything. I think the only way MAYBE to get it to work is to have a "Pro" model (i.e. Axiom 49 Pro)....

The biggest downfall of Digidesign is that they did not diversify like Avid is doing. Protools, to set it's self apart and protect actual music production, made it so that everything was relegated to a digidesign product. That way they could control the "electronics" by which a "protools" recording was made, public or not. By buying a Digidesign product you were stuck with their opinion of what was right.

Now enters M-Audio. This was the poor man's dream come true (even though you can't be that poor). A lot of people bought into M-Audio (myself included). It was the new and "best thing for the aspiring "musician/engineer".

Now they are reeling because products like, presonus, tascam, line 6, alesis and many others, decided to share outboard components. Even with the operating systems of today, Digidesign was a "company" that drew a line in the sand saying RTAS vs. VST. Ladies an Gentleman . . . .Let's get ready to rumble!!!!

Fast forward and now we're here. Avid now controls Digidesign and the are doing a great job of consolidating everything: M-Audio, Digidesing, Protools, and the un-said king of the company (venue http://www.avid.com/US/products/family/VENUE)

Watch out because all the little independents (which I highly respect) may have a "monster" on their hands. Let a pure music live, no matter the societal cost. Play on.

The biggest downfall of Digidesign is that they did not diversify like Avid is doing. Protools, to set it's self apart and protect actual music production, made it so that everything was relegated to a digidesign product. That way they could control the "electronics" by which a "protools" recording was made, public or not. By buying a Digidesign product you were stuck with their opinion of what was right.

Now enters M-Audio. This was the poor man's dream come true (even though you can't be that poor). A lot of people bought into M-Audio (myself included). It was the new and "best thing for the aspiring "musician/engineer".

Now they are reeling because products like, presonus, tascam, line 6, alesis and many others, decided to share outboard components. Even with the operating systems of today, Digidesign was a "company" that drew a line in the sand saying RTAS vs. VST. Ladies an Gentleman . . . .Let's get ready to rumble!!!!

Fast forward and now we're here. Avid now controls Digidesign and the are doing a great job of consolidating everything: M-Audio, Digidesing, Protools, and the un-said king of the company (venue http://www.avid.com/US/products/family/VENUE)

Watch out because all the little independents (which I highly respect) may have a "monster" on their hands. Let a pure music live, no matter the societal cost. Play on.

What on earth are you talking about? I don't think you have a clue... Sorry.

To the OP - no you cannot use the Axiom as the interface for Pro Tools. You can use it as a controller, yes, but interface no.

The Focusrite Saffire will not ever work as an interface for Pro Tools M-Powered.

You must use an M-Audio interface, or one of the keyboards with an interface built in (Keystudio I believe).

Back