can i post this here

rats

wow this is a totally new scene. Hi I'm an old time hr guy from the days of Chris Harris, Lt Bob, Crawdad, dafduc, partypants, betty rumble, beez, montycristo, jake owa slackmaster brad upstate steve sonusfag voxxy brown and those guys. This is a 17 minute track covering the span of about 5 spacey freaked out rock songs. Kind of tripped out stuff. Hope you like it.

LINK

I mixed three of your tunes back in the olden days. Thanks for the honorable mention.

You sure did tracky and fine mixes they was! Notice I didn't mention a lot of cool people like you, bdgr, S8-N. Crappy Beatle and mysterious2Qs! Nothing personal I assure you! Good to read you agin! Hows life treating you!?

Hey Rats,

Real nice. Right up my alley. I can't wait for Part II (I mean you gotta put something on the other side of the record, right?)

If Orange Robot EVER gets a drummer again, and we EVER get done with our current recording project, we really should do another show together.

Hey Rats,

Real nice. Right up my alley. I can't wait for Part II (I mean you gotta put something on the other side of the record, right?)

If Orange Robot EVER gets a drummer again, and we EVER get done with our current recording project, we really should do another show together.

Hey andy! Thanks for the kind words. The band is de-funked unfortunately. We broke up like 2 years ago!!! I quit. I liked the songs we were doing then and had a bunch of people always asking for a recording so I bent the guys' arms until they agreed to record this crap for our homies. It wasn't a high priority to get it done so it took a long time to finish it. Yeah we wont be out trying to sell this or anything, this is just a sort of thank you gift for our meager support base.

There's a lot of deficiencies in the recording, but the point is there, and I just had to call it a day. I think it still rocks out pretty well.

I liked Orange Robot and would love to hear some more of it!

SGBcoverColorBars2.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff. I really like the instrumentation and psychadelic and vintage sounds.

Thanks for posting this, rats.

Hey andy! Thanks for the kind words. The band is de-funked unfortunately. We broke up like 2 years ago!!! I quit. I liked the songs we were doing then and had a bunch of people always asking for a recording so I bent the guys' arms until they agreed to record this crap for our homies. It wasn't a high priority to get it done so it took a long time to finish it. Yeah we wont be out trying to sell this or anything, this is just a sort of thank you gift for our meager support base.

There's a lot of deficiencies in the recording, but the point is there, and I just had to call it a day. I think it still rocks out pretty well.

I liked Orange Robot and would love to hear some more of it!

SGBcoverColorBars2.jpg

Oh yeah. I had thought the sunrays were kaput, but then shit, who knows. I can't keep track of the status of my own band. Yeah, anyway, I'd optimistically say we are about 1/2 way through recording the next CD. Probably be another 6 months or so, though. We only get together a few hours a week, so it's a slow go.

So, Rats, you don't play drums, do you? :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, I'm on my 3rd listen today. That ought to say something. :cool:

Oh yeah. I had thought the sunrays were kaput, but then shit, who knows. I can't keep track of the status of my own band. Yeah, anyway, I'd optimistically say we are about 1/2 way through recording the next CD. Probably be another 6 months or so, though. We only get together a few hours a week, so it's a slow go.

So, Rats, you don't play drums, do you? :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, I'm on my 3rd listen today. That ought to say something. :cool:

I know how that slow recording process goes, beleive you me. The best way to remedy that is to schedule a couple of marathon sessions and get it kicked out while it's fresh. Sometimes it takes a few hours just to get primed up if you're not playing much. If we had finished this up back when we should have we could have at least done a few farewell shows. I believe the show we played with you guys was our last one.

I started listening, realized I had to get laundry started, noted the John Bon Jovi -esque vocals and the straight rock feel. Headed back up 4 minutes later to Dave Bowie /ziggy -esque rock and had to check to be sure someone didn't hijack windows media player on me whi9le I was gone. :p

Good stuff, the recording isn't technically 'great' by today's standards, but it is good and considering the type of retro sound you're getting musically you probably want it sounding exactly as it is.

The acostic plucking / strumming and the sound of the pick doesn't fit at 7:40-8:10. I thought my playback was clipping in some way, but I think it was an acoustic guitar (?). Seems out of place.

Probably one of more original sounding rock-rooted stuff I've heard in a while.

2 big thumbs up. You rekindled some ideas I've been meaning to incorporate and I think the song I wrote last week could use some of the psychedelic touches you masterfully demonstrated here.

Wow. Sonicly, this is WAY better than the styff I mixed. Drums sound great. Great mixes. I'm impressed. Seems like every good bad I get in self destructs.

I started listening, realized I had to get laundry started, noted the John Bon Jovi -esque vocals and the straight rock feel. Headed back up 4 minutes later to Dave Bowie /ziggy -esque rock and had to check to be sure someone didn't hijack windows media player on me whi9le I was gone. :p

Good stuff, the recording isn't technically 'great' by today's standards, but it is good and considering the type of retro sound you're getting musically you probably want it sounding exactly as it is.

The acostic plucking / strumming and the sound of the pick doesn't fit at 7:40-8:10. I thought my playback was clipping in some way, but I think it was an acoustic guitar (?). Seems out of place.

Probably one of more original sounding rock-rooted stuff I've heard in a while.

2 big thumbs up. You rekindled some ideas I've been meaning to incorporate and I think the song I wrote last week could use some of the psychedelic touches you masterfully demonstrated here.

Bon Jovi-esque, huh? Interesting...:eek::D

The acoustic plucking part... you're totally right, wow you really were listening! Thats some serious background stuff there. OK you got me. I've always hated that. The acoustic guitar used to be throughout the song and I pulled it out except for in that instrumental part for thought it added a watery grave feel. But yes it is loose for the most part.

I'm glad you liked it PInky, thanks for the compliments. If I didn't know better I'd almost think there was something inspiring in there, the ultimate drive. That's fucking sweet.

Track Rat
Wow. Sonicly, this is WAY better than the styff I mixed. Drums sound great. Great mixes. I'm impressed. Seems like every good bad I get in self destructs.

Yeah the stuff you mixed was a loooooong time ago, that was our first attempt at desktop recording. Thanks man! Leaving the band was a really tough call for me, but Detroit is a tough place to be an original rock band, it takes a lot of work and better off left for the youngsters. Being a dad and a professional (not musician mind you) doesn't leave a lot of room to be a rock star. It could have happened but we were probably ten years too late on the scene. Se la vie. We had fun while it lasted.

My next project, if it ever happens, will be less rock more booty shaking with big beats, horns and a world vibe. Organic. Until and if that ever happens I'll sit in my basement quietly plotting and planning my execution for taking over the world. Muahahahahahahaha!

wow this is a totally new scene. Hi I'm an old time hr guy from the days of Chris Harris, Lt Bob, Crawdad, dafduc, partypants, betty rumble, beez, montycristo, jake owa slackmaster brad upstate steve sonusfag voxxy brown and those guys. This is a 17 minute track covering the span of about 5 spacey freaked out rock songs. Kind of tripped out stuff. Hope you like it.

LINK

Let's break out THE RAKE and have a party.

Welcome back. :D

Back