Can I have some feedback on my tunes?

is ok

wayyyyyy to much limiting in the "mastering"

panning is wierd

it'll be hard to really get critical untill you lesten the limiting and repost it
(hint)

Wowwww

Wayyyyy too much limiting...I swear I didn't crush the song with an L3 or L2...whatever.
I used outboard compressors and a touch of limiting. It could have been limited much much more with alot more attenuation...or whatever it is called.

In addition, I was using other cd's in similar genres that I really liked as a guide for loudness...etc. comparisons. it isn't normalized...

Time to Time is supposed to be the loud rock song on my cd. Isn't rock supposed to be loud sounding...out of control to some degree...in your face.
What about Lights in August...? Too much limiting there? There was no crushing done to Lights in August especially, but a little light compression that I felt was necessary to provide some glue was added.
I think nowhere radio's system applies some kind of compression to the file upon uploading it. In addition, if you are viewing Time to Time in Wavelab or something like that, and looking at the level meter, haven't you seen a few professional cd's that slam and almost fill all the way to 0.1 solidly?

Do you record symphonies?

quotes around mastering..Belittling?... You are a Success!
Can I hear some of your work?

Last edited:
For one, don't get your panties in a knot when someone critizes (sp?) your song. You posted it on here, this forum is for constructive critiscim...sounds like giraffe did that.

There is something overly compressed or limited most definetly...there's no seperation...everything seems "blury".

Try to get some seperation in that stuff...I'm not going to say the songs suck because I can't tell. :)

Nutdotnet said:
For one, don't get your panties in a knot when someone critizes (sp?) your song. You posted it on here, this forum is for constructive critiscim...sounds like giraffe did that.

There is something overly compressed or limited most definetly...there's no seperation...everything seems "blury".

Try to get some seperation in that stuff...I'm not going to say the songs suck because I can't tell. :)
It's criticizes, dude. Get it straight, or I'll make you drink beer with me.....Sorry, had to do that.
You also said panties. You're ok in my book. :D
Ed

.....too bad you edited your post and removed the song.......even though you did, I'm sure it kicks some serious ass and sounds perfect in every way! Feel better?
Jeez......take a pill or something......or perhaps hire a blubbering sycophant to follow you around :rolleyes:

Good for you, I'm glad. :)

Well I don't know what the hell you were gettin' all upset about, those are both great songs!! I like them alot! Just need a little air is all but well written and performed!

Back