Can I have my studio in this?

dekodesigner

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUALITY-GARDE...ryZ90746QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the above auction is for a shed I am looking into buying on eBay.

I can buy this shed in a 12foot by 8foot structure.

i have 5 room in my house all occupied by business stock, office, worshop, and 2 bedrooms so I do not have room for a stuio as somebody lives with me. I also don't want to make too much noise in the house as he sleeps early.

Can i buy this shed and use some form of sound proof treatment material in the form of acoutsic underlay under a laminated floor, and acoustic tiles onthe roof etc.

would the decline in the roof cause any effect to vocal performance?

realy looking into this and wonder if you guys could help as I really need some space but dont like to rent and cant afford second property as of yet..

thanks up front for any comments!

James.

I wouldn't. For one, it just looks too small. Plus you wouldn't have any heat or hvac and that can get real uncomfortable real fast. If there is a storage facility with climate control room that you can rent, do that. I rent a 15'x18' climate controlled unit and I really like it.

I recorded an album in a 9x14 tuffshed, with some extra drywall, electricity, lots of bass traps, and a portable air conditioner. It sounds pretty good. You can hear it at the links in my sig.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUALITY-GARDE...ryZ90746QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the above auction is for a shed I am looking into buying on eBay.

I can buy this shed in a 12foot by 8foot structure.

i have 5 room in my house all occupied by business stock, office, worshop, and 2 bedrooms so I do not have room for a stuio as somebody lives with me. I also don't want to make too much noise in the house as he sleeps early.

Can i buy this shed and use some form of sound proof treatment material in the form of acoutsic underlay under a laminated floor, and acoustic tiles onthe roof etc.

would the decline in the roof cause any effect to vocal performance?

realy looking into this and wonder if you guys could help as I really need some space but dont like to rent and cant afford second property as of yet..

thanks up front for any comments!

James.

I feel your situation but by the time you've sound proofed it, ventilated, and other wise treated it internally and externally, it's going to be the size of a generously proportioned vocal booth.

People have certainly worked in spaces this size but be warned, it's much smaller than optimal.

The 12x8 structure is a lot more workable. Sometimes sheds come in 20x12, which would be even better. I don't think the 8x6 size is very practical at all.

unless you got two of them and somehow made it so that one shed is the control room and one is the recording area..

If it was me, I wouldn't consider putting thousands of dollars of equipment in a couple hundred dollar shed. You're going to have to put alot of work/money into that baby to make it usable.

IMO I think you will be dissappointed with this shed. It is a pure example of "Buy cheap, buy twice".

i used to be in a 12*8 shed before..now i have a room inside my new house..never going back..its too small..the only thing i recorded in there was me and my guitar and i could barely fit all the stands for the mics.way too small....its just too cold in winter and too hot in the summer no matter what insulation and heater you use..plus it sounded like crap..but i guess if you put a couple hundred bucks into it you could make it way better than mine ever was:)

Beyond the work involved to make a tool shed functional (and that would certainly involve a/c and some heating and/or cooling) - I find myself thinking about one very important word - SECURITY.

Back