Can I Get some help on what I need to start a home recording studio

jamesborn54

ok I want to start buying parts to create a home recording studio and I want to know what all I will need Im interested in R&B and hip&hop and I want to know what I need to create my own beats and sing to them wan what instruments and stuff and I want the cheapest prices im on a tight budget I just want sumtin solid and what will sound like real quality music and dont forget reasonable price I need a list of what I will ned so if U kno hit me up please and if you shar the same interest with me cus my friends are fools and afraid to help me

Research is the first thing you need. By what you posted, you haven't looked into this at all. I don't want to come off as an ass, but I am sure that you will get lots of responses just like mine, and the veterans on this board are ignoring your post. Get on the internet and research recording. There are hundreds of things you will need to know before you start "creating" a studio. There are noise dampening issues, the decision to go analog or digital, what you are creating it for (business or pleasure), and how much of a budget you have for this. Just getting the basics will cost you about $5000.00. If you are looking at just laying some beats, get yourself a 4-track recorder and start learning it. You can upgrade from there as you learn the process.
Check out the other threads on here for advice with mics, pre amps and everything else. But start out with a 4-track recorder until you learn the ins and outs of recording, and then come back when you have some knowledge about what you need to ask for.

search under my name. lots of tips posted in past year.
THEN if you have q's - just ask.iver posted a ton of info.
if you want free tutorial intros to recording check out the support
section at pgmusic.com. you will learn a lot for free.

It sounds like you are too poor to afford cheap gear.

Cheap gear breaks, and sounds like crap. If you are even remotely serious about music in the slightest way you won't want that crap gear.

Back