Can I get perfect audio extraction from my Plextor 8/20 CDR?

radiogold

I'm using a Gateway 1.7 gig Pentium 4 computer with a Plextor 8/20 Compact Disc Recordable Unit. They are two hard drives, both 60 gig. One for the operating system, programs and Apps, whilst the other is used for my wav files.

I currently use a program called CDDAE. About 7 times out of 10, I can get a perfect rip on the first go. Sometimes I would have to rip it twice, then I'm o'kay. I often have particular tracks, which I would have to re-rip about 6 to 10 times, before obtaining a 0.000% error free reading. They are some days when extracting a CD, can take up to, and sometimes over an hour. Eventually I'm going to dump my plextor and get a TDK VeloCD. It's going to take some time to save up though.

In the meantime, are they any software packages that can give 100% error free rippings of audio CD's, using a Plextor 8/20?

Do you realize that you can rip from a standard CD drive? It doesn't have to be a burner. Try ripping from the CD ROM drive next time. If that doesn't work get a copy of Audio Catalyst, it's the best ripper/mp3 encoder I've found.

What are you using now?

thanks jake, for the audio catalyst suggestion, this was one of the first programs I used in 1999. On the whole, it's not a bad program. I e-mailed a suggestion to Xings's feedback area, for them to add a verification function to their program, but their was no reply. Unfortunately with this program, every wav has to be playe back in real time, for error checking. I also tried Audio-Grabber. This seemed to be a watered-down version of Audio-Catalyst.

EAC might be the way to go.

Any further suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Back