Can cubase do this?

warlock110

In protools, the software can set 2 track to act as 1 output, meaning if there's sound on the top track, it'll play that regardless of what's on the 2nd track.

In cubase, the DAW will play both track at the same time, I'm not sure how to set it to act like protools.

are you asking about stacked mode??? when there are say 3 guitar rythm takes on one track and then you can toggle between takes to decide which to use???

are you asking about stacked mode??? when there are say 3 guitar rythm takes on one track and then you can toggle between takes to decide which to use???

not quite stack mode, basically it's like this

_____ _____ ______

where the empty part will be play @ track 2 automatically, I'm not sure if cubase can do something like that.

He's saying if there's a waveform in track 1, play it and mute track 2. If there's not, play track 2. idk if cubase can do it automatically, but you can easily set up volume automation to accomplish it.

In cubase, you would have both of those audio events on the same track. The one 'on top' is the one that plays, so any gaps in the top one will play the one underneath.

Are we talking about using lanes here? It sounds to me like what the poster is after. If this is the case, visually speaking the colored track on bottom is the primary track. Any gaps in that track are replaced with the next higher (most recent) track until the bottom track kicks in again.

oh ,,, iget it now... didnt know it worked that way... does something in preferences need to be ticked for this... i see a limited useage for thism but ya never know.... thnx for the tip guys...

He's saying if there's a waveform in track 1, play it and mute track 2. If there's not, play track 2. idk if cubase can do it automatically, but you can easily set up volume automation to accomplish it.

Tell me your not writing idk instead of "I don't know"!!!

Wpwltiwtfts!

When people write like that idk what the feck they are saying :)

Back