can anyone record drums for me?

philpereira

Hi there, this is going to be a cross post, which I apologize for, but I realized that maybe this is a more appropriate forum to ask for this. I've been trying to get drum tracks done on 2 songs I'm working on. I haven't had much luck getting help on these two for a number of reasons (one big reason because folks are understandably busy) So if anyone has the time (and likes these ideas enough) to lend a hand, I would certainly welcome and appreciate it. I think one problem is that I develop a song off a riff and it may make it hard to envision the direction if all you're playing to is just a series of riffs without leads or vox, but I'm really not picky about that sort of thing, I just like to have a good drum and bass section to support my guitar playing and I make the rest work from there. And some bassists that help me out prefer having a drum track to play to, hence my need to have drums first. Without further a do, the links:

http://home.comcast.net/~fgpereira/song1-click3.wma here's an acoustic number. i see this one being driven by the bass drum and sounding a lot like "bron yr aur stomp" off led zeppelin 3. http://home.comcast.net/~fgpereira/song1track2.wma is just the guitar part bpm=115. the playing isn't perfect, but it's pretty on time and i plan on re-recording the guitar at a later point.

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=13748 this one is a rockin tune, pretty straightforward, was just looking for a good beat to drive the guitars.

Look forward to any contributions

The collaborations sections of that other bbs that some of us hang on seems very busy with things like this.

yeah, there are some excellent drummers over there who in turn are kept quite busy, both with online and offline stuff. i'm hoping someone with not too much going on can take a little time to add their stamp to my tune

Hey Phil, downloading them now and will have a look at them Friday if I get my uni assignment done (looks likely).

Hey Phil.
Just listened to the two songs, and it will be pretty hard to put drums over these. If you have any lyrics it would be much easier if you could upload them so I've got an idea of the song structure. I know you said your not picky about the direction the drumming takes the song, but as a drummer I am. Theres more to just hitting in time, the type and placement of fills, crash hits, accents etc that make the song. Hey even if you wrote down the times that the verses, choruses, bridge etc happen it would make things easier.

Michael

I should have some time this weekend...

If no one has sent anything I'll put some tracks together for you...

Do you want a stereo mixdown or would you prefer separate tracks of all the individual drums?

i prefer having drums mixed down, as i have no clue how to properly mix drums. i've been away from home all week, so i haven't been checking message boards very often. in terms of structure of the song, i haven't really written a single lyric, although i had a chorus melody in mind. here's what i'm thinking so far

beginning part with the E chord: intro verse
chorus G-A-E x2
right into the next verse E-A-G-E x2
chorus again x2
right into next verse E-A-G-E x1
chorus again x4
pause four beats
short verse
chorus again x4
ending instrumental

hope this helpful. i basically want the drums to be continuous through the whole song, except for the beginning verse and in the middle of the song when the music starts up again, it can be like a cymbal click or whatever. i know i've beaten the led zeppelin comparison to the ground, but i do see that as a sort of template for this tune in terms of drumming. i'll be back in town tomorrow so hopefully i'll be able to do a little music playing this weekend. thanks very much guys!

p.s. will write out structure of that other song tomorrow :)

ok, so i decided i might as well work on the song structure of that heavier tune right now in case anyone gets to it.

the beginning is basically just me playing a version of the E chord, this is just going to be instrumental and i envision a sort of driving drum (like the beginning of enter sandman for example)

the first main riff will be intro (x4) the verse
the second riff will be the chorus
riff 1 (x4) instrumental (x4) verse
chorus
solo section with that 3rd riff
verse
chorus
ending similar to beginning with the driving drums closing the song. hope this helps.

this helps out a lot! thanks so much for doing these. i will take those mixed down wavs if you don't mind posting them. i'll have to retrack the guitars on both songs, since they were pretty poorly recorded the first time around. i should be able to find some bassists to play on these. my goal is obviously for the final versions to sound more exciting than the basic tracks i originally laid down :) i'll keep you posted on these as they're completed. thanks again!

No prob!

I'm uploading the waves now... Should be about 20 more minutes or so...

One thing I noticed doing other collabs, it helps out everyone involved if you give 'count-ins' on tracks that don't have clicks....
This makes it easier for folks to line up things in their mixing apps as well as insuring everyone starts playing at the right time at the beginning and after breaks... Just 4 muffled ticks on the strings or taps on the acoustic works fine... And they can be edited out later... :)

I'll post the link for the zipped drum tracks when they're done uploading...

Can't wait to hear em when you're finished!

:)

Back