can anyone identify this guitar?

That's a Peavey Patriot.

Mid 1980s (so 1985 is a good guess but EVERYBODY seems to claim that THEIR guitar is an "early" example - they can't ALL be "early"). Made in USA.

I have a Patriot bass that I absolutely love for the weight, fit, and the P-bass style neck. The tone cap is dried out and so it always sounds really bright with way too much high-mid range, but that's repairable and the rest of the bass is perfect.

I'm stingy with guitars (I have something like 12+ and parts - I don't NEED any more guitars) but I'd buy that in a heartbeat at $150 if it's in great condition with a case. If it's in great condition and you like it, $200 with or without a case is still a fair deal. In my opinion, these MIA Peaveys are not far from being the next Matsumoku. Extremely well made, undervalued sleepers.

One note of caution - the original cases had foam padding that will deteriorate, leaving nasty residue on the guitar, or leaving it completely unprotected from scuffs and scrapes against the inside of the case (Same issue with the MIA Peavey T-series). Just something to check for.

Perfect. Thanks a million. If I can get him down to $150 I'll give it a try. Thanks for the quick response.

Hmm. Looks like an older predator to me, but that doesn't look like a kahler trem.

Either way their build quality is pretty damn good and you could probably use it as a hammer if you didn't want to play it!

(edit: whoops! I'm late, and wrong! sorry!)

Grab it if you can afford it.

Back