Can anyone help with vox on this??????

Analytical Man

My friend Mitch and i decided to put a new spin on an old Animals song. We sorta turned it into industrial metal. Both of us tried vox on it, wasn;t working with our voices. Anyone here wanna colab on it with us??? I used to frequent here back in the day and had some really great colabs with people. I played the drums, keys, and guitars, and my boy Mitch handled the bass. Any help with vox is GREATLY appreciated. Anyone interested can shoot me an email at lschwanke@new.rr.com and i can send you a high quality file.

-Shaun

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=5386&alid=-1

Last edited:
I'll tackle this. How should we do this? What kind of voice do you want, sounds like a deeper, Peter Steele-y voice would be good but possibly it could work with a screamer. I can do both so let me know.

Only problem is that the song is a bit too sterile and doesn't really lend itself to vocals as is. It's super click track/midi file sounding and will be hard to sing to when it's so ungroovy (for lack of a better word).

Do you have the whole file available? If you can do logic format let me know otherwise OMF works pretty well. The song only played for 1 minute before stopping, so I'd like to hear the whole thing before going forward.

I will get you the file tonight. I actually am using logic so that works. I always use a click. I like things to be tight. Thanks

Those examples don't exactly reflect my voice, (not that I've put up anything that does), most of that is my solo electronic/noise stuff and the other two are improv videos set to single take improv songs. None of that is at all what I'm capable of given a chance to actually sing instead of having to come up with a song structure and lyrics on the fly with a band that can barely play 2 chords.

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up Boz!

I am not really trying to offend anyone here. And i did say anyone is welcome to try some vocals on it. It better not end up on youtube with transtesticles and whatnot all over the place...i am interested in a voice on this track. Anyone can try that is really willing to give it 100% effort. I have others trying as well so...i just thought it would be cool to hear it with a different voice than my own, my voice didn;t fit. I may have opened up myself to something not so pleasant it seems. All serious inquiries are welcome.

I'm not trying to offend anyone either. I just know that being able to research people's background before starting a collab would have saved me lots of time in the past.

Again, I'm not saying he wouldn't do a good job, but I just think it's always good to find out where people come from before working on songs with them.

I am not really trying to offend anyone here. And i did say anyone is welcome to try some vocals on it. It better not end up on youtube with transtesticles and whatnot all over the place...i am interested in a voice on this track. Anyone can try that is really willing to give it 100% effort. I have others trying as well so...i just thought it would be cool to hear it with a different voice than my own, my voice didn;t fit. I may have opened up myself to something not so pleasant it seems. All serious inquiries are welcome.

No, as I stated before, my solo stuff is completely unrelated to my interests as a vocalist. I'm a professional, albeit not musically, but I take other people's work very respectfully and with their intentions at heart. Nothing I do for you, or anybody else on this forum would be mine for distribution or editing, except at your leave. This is very important to me as I would hope others would feel the same.

This was a serious offer. If you're not interested because you were offended by my earlier work and can't see past that then I'm not interested in doing this project.

Back