Can anyone help 2 soundcard issue?

jant

I have 2 audio cards on my PC. The first one came with my HP Pavilion and is a Riptide and I installed a Delta 66 for my audio recording. I recently uninstalled the Riptide because I don't want it in my software profiles and I don't really use it. For some reason after I uninstalled the Riptide I can't open my software programs like Cakewalk and Soundforge and I get an error starting program message saying a required .DLL file not found. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks

I haven't used either of the cards, but here are some things you could try:

1) Make sure you've got MME drivers installed for your Delta.
2) If that doesn't work, re-install the Riptide and have Cakewalk and Soundforge re-detect your hardware, disable the Riptide, then uninstall it again.
3) If that doesn't work, leave the damn thing in

I just went through something similar with an Emagic Audiowerk card, and I ended up leaving my cheap-o card in. It doesn't hurt anything to keep it there, so I keep it as my primary sound driver and use the Audiowerk with the recording apps.

or...try to un-install and re-install Cakewalk and Soundforge with just the delta in your system..

Id go with Seans method and leave it in...it probably does midi if you need that....I run a Delta card and another card in a Pavillion with zero problems (once you get past the initial IRQ conflicts you may run into).....

Back