Can anyone figure out the sounds on this?

hobbestheprince

Hey everyone, I was checking out some stuff on Myspace and as it turns out I really love this one song. I'm trying to figure out what is all going on in it, and wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts. I think there's an electric piano playing some of the little melody lines, but I'm not so sure. Also, there seems to be that "chinga chinga chinga" repeating throughout ... what is that anyways? Not sure if it's repeated arpeggios or a bunch of single notes. I just love the sounds on it, hope someone can lend their ear and expertise.

The song is called, "Light Through the Veins."

Here's the link:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=26521034

It's lots of little parts stacked on top of one another... The repetative noise you're hearing is a drum track underneath of a synth track... Basically the whole song is, 15 or so parts slowly brought forward in the mix... The arpeggio sounding thing is not an arpeggio at all it's a synth part that has been delayed and LFO'd...

It's lots of little parts stacked on top of one another... The repetative noise you're hearing is a drum track underneath of a synth track... Basically the whole song is, 15 or so parts slowly brought forward in the mix... The arpeggio sounding thing is not an arpeggio at all it's a synth part that has been delayed and LFO'd...

What does "LFO" mean?

Looks like he's playing our fair Isle in September, shame I'm not going Bestival this year. I like the track, can't really help on any of the sounds though.

This is soo weird. I just got down listening to the whole coldplay album. Then went on to this post and listened to this song which happens to be the first track of the coldplay album?! Turns out this guy helped co-produce the album and his song is actually the first track? I dont get it but it just a really big coincidence for me.

This is soo weird. I just got down listening to the whole coldplay album. Then went on to this post and listened to this song which happens to be the first track of the coldplay album?! Turns out this guy helped co-produce the album and his song is actually the first track? I dont get it but it just a really big coincidence for me.

Apparently Jon Hopkins helped with some keyboards and other sounds on the album, and they heard this song and asked if they could include it on the new cd.

Back