can anyone do something with my mix ?plz

sk0m

ok i got my mix normalized and extracted but the volume is too low can anyone do something to make it louder without damaging the quality ??
if anyone interested tell me to send it to you !

thnx

Genre means The Style of Music... Rock, Folk etc..

Just thought I'd explain that in case it's hip-hop/rap/techno.....:D

What setting was it normalized to? 0dB -03dB.... -06dB?
Even at -06dB you should be able to turn it up.
I suspect that whoever normalized it stopped short for a reason.
If that's the case, you can't really do it without the ability to go back in and fix the problem tracks.
In other words..... it may need to be remastered.

I dont know how correct this is, but when I finish a track in logic, I get it as loud as I can without clipping. This is, of course, way quieter than industry standard. Then, I export it as a WAV and open it up in audacity, clip endings and beginnings, maybe add a little fadeout, and boost the overall track about +4 volume (i dont remember what this exactly means, but 4 is about what it takes to get it to industry standard). Then I export it as a WAV and MP3 and viola, done. I've never noticed any significant decrease in quality, however if you overdo it (IE, get it louder than a commercial mix), you will get some clipping. Try that.

I dont know how correct this is, but when I finish a track in logic, I get it as loud as I can without clipping. This is, of course, way quieter than industry standard. Then, I export it as a WAV and open it up in audacity, clip endings and beginnings, maybe add a little fadeout, and boost the overall track about +4 volume (i dont remember what this exactly means, but 4 is about what it takes to get it to industry standard).
Know how I know that volume for volume's sake is a bad idea?

Imagine any branch of art. Does your mind conjure up the words "industry standard" while thinking about any of that art?

Maybe its just me, but I'd recommend getting it mastered.

IMO, no one who will do it for free will really know what they're doing 99% of the time. :)

Brandon

Back