can amp problems be caused by the guitar?

it could be my house, its old and has old wiring virus. maybe it did something to it?
It's most likely (IMO) a coincidence. I guess a guitar could damage an amp eventually by always playing with everything turned all the way up, but in that case it's the guitarist not the guitar that did the damage. :D

I want to echo the bathtub remarks.

Make sure the water is at least ankle-deep.

:laughings:

Barefoot on the wet lawn will do as a decent substitute and the neighbors might dig it too.

You don't have a PA and an SM-58 do you??? You'll want that on the wet lawn too.

It's most likely (IMO) a coincidence. I guess a guitar could damage an amp eventually by always playing with everything turned all the way up, but in that case it's the guitarist not the guitar that did the damage. :D

true, but if you can't play with everything turned all the way up, isn't that the amps fault not the guitarists?:):D not to mention other owners of the same amp i have have said they play with it maxed out all the time, even live, and have had no problems:):D

thanks for your help anyways tho:):D

true, but if you can't play with everything turned all the way up, isn't that the amps fault not the guitarists?:):D not to mention other owners of the same amp i have have said they play with it maxed out all the time, even live, and have had no problems:):D

thanks for your help anyways tho:):D
True, a cheaply made amp may not stand up to being played balls to the wall all the time, but be that as it may, IMO it's unlikely in the extreme that somehow a malfunctioning guitar could damage an amp. If two amps show the same problems after being exposed to the same guitar, it's a coincidence. Coincidences do happen, you know; in fact the most unlikely thing would be if coincidences never happened. Get your amp repaired and get on with it.

True, a cheaply made amp may not stand up to being played balls to the wall all the time, but be that as it may, IMO it's unlikely in the extreme that somehow a malfunctioning guitar could damage an amp. If two amps show the same problems after being exposed to the same guitar, it's a coincidence. Coincidences do happen, you know; in fact the most unlikely thing would be if coincidences never happened. Get your amp repaired and get on with it.

i've never said it couldn't be a coincidence, and i think you could more than likely be right, but i also think its possible that you could be wrong. i don't know, that's why i asked for the advice.

my guitar is important to me, not the amp so much, if its the guitar, i want to know, and some people have said here that it could be, with some facts, as far as i can tell, will have to look into it, that it very well could be my guitar. it very well could be my house for that matter! it very could be something else too!

something tells me all things considered its not the amp, its something else (one of the main reasons being that people have told me that they play the same amp balls to the wall and have never had a problem). i could be wrong about that too. i don't care about being wrong, i would just like to know, mainly so i know its not my guitar, so thanks for the advice

I want to echo the bathtub remarks.

Make sure the water is at least ankle-deep.

:laughings:

Barefoot on the wet lawn will do as a decent substitute and the neighbors might dig it too.

You don't have a PA and an SM-58 do you??? You'll want that on the wet lawn too.
and no foam windscreen ...... it messes with the screams .... er, ah ...... sound, that's it ..... the sound.

:D

If your guitar doesn't have a battery in it, there is no possible way it can damage your amp. Take the guitar and guitar cord to the music store and try another amp. Eliminate the guitar, then the cord.

Odds are, your amp just took a crap. Your friends amp as well.

and no foam windscreen ...... it messes with the screams .... er, ah ...... sound, that's it ..... the sound.

:D

The blue sparks hitting your lips creates a dazzling effect. You save a bundle not having to pay for a light show.

The blue sparks hitting your lips creates a dazzling effect. You save a bundle not having to pay for a light show.
man ....... :D .... one time an SVT I was playing thru had it's power switch get knocked sideways where the hot terminal touched the chassis so I was getting 110v to my bass! :eek:
My lips touched the mic and there was a spectacular blue lightshow and then someone hit me in the face with a 2x4 ..... at least it felt that way.

:laughings::laughings:

cvntstink, If msh hasn't seen fit to answer you I think your next step should be to head over to gearslutz and ask for Victory Pete, he will be able to advise you.

In fact tell him we sent you..

Back