Camera Freaks, this is your thread!

Nice photo, Jeff!

Autumn wasn't very friendly this year in CT. We got blasted by that freak October 29th snow storm and we had no electricity for 9 days. I was standing at the end of my driveway the following morning and I took this photo of my next door neighbor's house.
Wow! That's a lot of damaged trees there, Randy. :(

How did you survive for 9 days without power? Do you have a generator?

Cheers! :)

Wow! That's a lot of damaged trees there, Randy. :(

How did you survive for 9 days without power? Do you have a generator?

I do have a generator. As fate would have it, I bought the generator 3 days before that storm hit. I am well prepared for the next storm. The odd thing is....is that the daily temperature was between 50 and 65 F everyday for almost a month after that storm. That gave me plenty of time and warmth for all the chain sawing that I had to do.

Need any firewood?

I only just noticed there's a photo thread so thought I'd post a few of my favourites:

Sunset at the breakwater

Breakwaters.jpg

Distant Rockies

DistantRockiess-1.jpg

Ya, $2.5 is beyond my budget for sure. My next lens will hopefully be a EF-S 10-22mm.

The picture has very defined contrast. I suppose that may be partly that $2.5 lens :)

F.S.

bfalls_20111017_0092crop860.JPG

Randy, Nope. No firewood needed at my present location. Thanks for the offer though!

Bobbsy, nice highway shot!

FS, Very Nice river shot! The 10-22 is supposed to be a pretty nice ultra wide zoom for the crop bodies but if you ever go to a full frame sensor camera, it won't fit the mount. Back when I had my Rebel, I went for the 17-40L instead as I wanted something without potential future compatibility issues.

Randy, Nope. No firewood needed at my present location. Thanks for the offer though!

FS, Very Nice river shot! The 10-22 is supposed to be a pretty nice ultra wide zoom for the crop bodies but if you ever go to a full frame sensor camera, it won't fit the mount. Back when I had my Rebel, I went for the 17-40L instead as I wanted something without potential future compatibility issues.

Ya, I know about the compatability issues... The performance of the 10 -22 is supposed to be as good as it gets within it's focal range. at least according to K.R. I'd love to go full frame but, I can't see it happening any time soon. I think I would rather have the full angle of view on the crop sensor in the mean time. That being said, If the price was really right on the L lens or the Tokina I would have to reconsider :)

One of my favorite shots from this fall. I wanted to make it back out to this location now that I have a fish-eye, but I am afraid all the leaves are down now. May give it a go anyway though. I did a 30 x 20 print of this and it looks good but came out a bit dark for under glass. Seems to be a running theme with Walgreens. I want to get one of those Sharks for screen adjustment to check my settings but, I think walgreens is a little heavy on the ink density that or maybe they have some contrast processing running? I don't know. It's all new to me.

This is the first picture I have named.... I call it lonely because the bench looks so neglected and mossy.

Have a good one.

F.S.
Lonely%20Small.jpg

I'm a Nikon & Hasselblad man myself but the Canon you purchased is a great camera :-) I went to a 2 year photography college in Daytona Beach, Fl. and learned a lot of stuff. Worked as a Pro for a number of years and then couldn't make enough money. I have a couple of the old film cameras around the house and only one digital. A Preacher I know (Charles Stanley) uses Hasselblad Digital cameras. Those baby's start at 20K and up. Too much for me not making a living at it anymore. Cannon makes quality stuff and has always been a little less expensive than Nikon gear. As long as you use it it will make you happy with many years of photographic memories.

Picture from last fall.

We'll see if this works. This is the tweaked version of the picture I took last October. Have had it printed on Kodak endura metallic and it looks 3d.

0000003Dsmall.jpg

We'll see if this works. This is the tweaked version of the picture I took last October. Have had it printed on Kodak endura metallic and it looks 3d.

View attachment 69676
The tweaked version is definitely better than the original because you eliminated the slightly out of focus foreground and the background light is more subtle and the coloring of the leaves is more realistic. I like it!

After shooting 35mm film since 1983, I finally sold off my last camera and lenses and everything on fleabay. Digital only for me from now on. Enough money from it to buy another acoustic guitar!

An older Sony "tapecorder" from the 60's. It was surprisingly difficult to light without too many shadows but gave it a whirl with 3 bounced lights.

VV4G110711small.jpg

Back