Calwood studio pics

Calwood

Hey all. I have probably missed about a hundred oppurtunitys to post some pics of my studio.
So,..I'll just do it now.
This is my studio,...let me know what ya think.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• calwood1.jpg
    calwood1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 400
Here is the "conference room" actually just a place to take a smoke and coffee break.

Attachments

• calwood3.jpg
    calwood3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 373
Last but not least,..here i am.
Hey!!! These posts put me up to a Junior member! Cool! No more newbie by name,..guess I didnt have to post these in the newbie forum afterall. Movin' up in the world!

Take 'er easy,..

Calwood

Attachments

• davejam.jpg
    davejam.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 381
Thanks for the compliment wheelema. Thanks for checkin' it out.

rpe....thanks,...I primarily record just for fun. Mostly rock instrumental stuff that i write myself. Although,... I have done some other projects for and with other people. The latest was a local guy who came in and recorded three tracks of Bluegrass material. That was pretty interesting and he was a fantastic guitar player.

Take 'er easy,...
Calwood

Lookz awesome man id love to record there, is that built into your house or you renting space somewhere.. I only hope of having something like that somewhere down the future.. enjoy

Great lookin' studio Cal. I'm still drywalling, but I don't think mine will have the same pro quality your studio reflects. Good going! It's also good to see long hair is still alive and well. Ralph

Thirst,...
Thanks man,..yeah,..I rent this space. It's an office building and the cool thing is that it's totally empty! I can get as loud as I want at any time. I found a pretty good deal,..it's $200 a month plus electricity and thats it. The landlord said it was cool if I built walls and painted,..etc. It's been workin' out pretty cool.

Blue Bear Sound,...
I've been tryin' to get a better creative feel in there. Seems as though it's workin' pretty good. Thanks bro.

foreverain4,....
Man,..youre right,...it's an excellent piece of gear.

87PRS ,....
Thanks for the compliment,...i've been workin' hard on it for awhile so youre comment is much appreciated,..thanks. Post some pics of yours when ya get 'er done. One of these days i'm gonna get a haircut,.................................naaah.

Take 'er easy,...
Calwood

SWEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!!

Cool!!! :cool:

You're realy blessed, Calwood. That's one of the sweetest home studio I saw...

Anyway, about your title, looks like you have been around for more than a year. You can change your title in User CP as you like :)
(link on the top of the page).

;)
Jaymz

tjohnston,....
My brother and I did all the construction. I'm a welder/fabricator and he is a technical director(set design/construction) for the theater. Needless to say we drew on his expertise moreso than mine for this project. He built that mixing desk as well.

James Argo,...
Thanks man. I'm blessed with a brother who works for free coffee! Thanks for the tip on the title.

Take 'er easy,...
Calwood

Calwood said:
James Argo,...
Thanks man. I'm blessed with a brother who works for free coffee! Thanks for the tip on the title.

Hey, we got something in common. My brother is interior designer who is working with me designing and doing "dirty work" on my curent home studio now. Ditto "paid with coffee" :D

;)
Jaymz

James Argo said:
Hey, we got something in common. My brother is interior designer who is working with me designing and doing "dirty work" on my curent home studio now. Ditto "paid with coffee" :D

;)
Jaymz

ha ha ha,...thats cool man. Good luck with your set-up.

Later,..
Calwood

Yo Calwood:

Pretty darned slick. How did you hide all the cables in the photos or do you use stealth cables?:p

Lots of luck. I still have to watch tripping over my cables hither and thither in the "studio."

Hope you can keep the cigarette smoke away from your gear -- it will stick and gum up open contacts.

Happy New Year

Green Hornet :D :p :cool:

Nice digs, Calwood. Many people overlook the effect of ambience (visual, not acoustic) in studio construction. If somebody walks into a garage, they'll play garage music, even if the acoustic and gear situation is professional. I would walk into your place and play like I knew I was in a studio. Great work.-Richie

I just posted a link to this thread in another post. I never read the last to replys here.
sorry guys,..didnt mean to be rude,......

Green Hornet,...
Thanks bro. Stealth cables?? Where can I get those? ha ha.
Most of the cable runs along the wall and sits on the floor along the baseboard. If ya look close you can see it.
The door to the "conference" room always stays closed. Except for photo sessions,..ha ha ha

Richie,....
Damn man! Thanks. Thanks alot.

Take 'er easy,...
Calwood

Back