Calling the pros! Digitech Vocalist Live Pro vs Yamaha SPX2000

A.D.Ryan

Hey guys,
I`m hoping that I can talk with some musicians who have used, or who are using Digitech Vocalist Live Pro or Yamaha SPX2000.
Which one is better? Which one would be easier to use...etc
The price is about the same. 84.500 for the digitech and 89.000 for the Yamaha. Not quite sure what to look at. I`m a noob, unfortunately.
Any help would be appreciated!
I would like to use it for live concerts...
Cheers!
A.D

Hey A.D .... your really undecided on this one huh?

Now your looking at the vocalist 4? And not any of the earlier models right?

I've got The Yamaha as well as a lot of other out board gear and when a singer comes to a gig toting a floor model anything I convince them to go with out the stomp box and let me handle the effects from FOH and they all but throw the floor unit away after we are done with sound check.

:cool:

Don't think I would consider myself a pro,..

But, I would still go with the Yamaha!
Just grab yourself a midi foot controller.

I would say the SPX2000 is a pro effects unit, and the Digitech,...not.

Also, You can use the spx2000 for many apps., not just your vocals.
So,..If you're gonna spend that kind of $,...I would definitely get the Yamaha.

It depends what you need. The digitech is a decent pro-sumer channel strip. It has a LOT more fx - a compressor, harmony, pitch correction, and it's all extremely configureable.

The yamaha one is a standard reverb/delay unit. It does what it does a lot better than digitech, but that's all it does. It's more pro.

Also - Over 20 years, everything I ever owned by yamaha is still working perfectly, and all my digitech stuff has long broken down, so I'd say yamaha stuff is built better too.

Also - Over 20 years, everything I ever owned by yamaha is still working perfectly,....

I have to agree with this, I have Yamaha stuff that's over 25 years old that still works perfectly. The build quality is first rate and it sounds as good as it did when it was new.

I`m beginning to make up my mind!:) I`m just worried Yamaha might not have have enough effects. I know that the Digitech Vocalist Live Pro ( this is the name...no numbers... after it!) has a lot of effects. For example...can Yamah provide voice harmony?
Cheers, my friend!
Hey A.D .... your really undecided on this one huh?

Now your looking at the vocalist 4? And not any of the earlier models right?

I've got The Yamaha as well as a lot of other out board gear and when a singer comes to a gig toting a floor model anything I convince them to go with out the stomp box and let me handle the effects from FOH and they all but throw the floor unit away after we are done with sound check.

:cool:

Oh, really? So it has a god verb, delay and many other effects? Does it have compressor, deesser, harmony...?
Cheers!
A.D
Don't think I would consider myself a pro,..

But, I would still go with the Yamaha!
Just grab yourself a midi foot controller.

I would say the SPX2000 is a pro effects unit, and the Digitech,...not.

Also, You can use the spx2000 for many apps., not just your vocals.
So,..If you're gonna spend that kind of $,...I would definitely get the Yamaha.

Oh, so the Yamaha doesn`t have a compressor, Harmony etc? Don`t need the pitch correction^^ Thanks, man!
A.D
It depends what you need. The digitech is a decent pro-sumer channel strip. It has a LOT more fx - a compressor, harmony, pitch correction, and it's all extremely configureable.

The yamaha one is a standard reverb/delay unit. It does what it does a lot better than digitech, but that's all it does. It's more pro.

Also - Over 20 years, everything I ever owned by yamaha is still working perfectly, and all my digitech stuff has long broken down, so I'd say yamaha stuff is built better too.

Got my Yamaha SPX2000. A big thank you for the big help!
A.D

That's good stuff! Good for you A.D.
That machine has some good quality usable effects in it.
I think you're gonna like it. The REV-X effects are some
of my favorites. Excellent for studio, or live applications.

Back