Calling lt. Bob!!!!!

nate_dennis

I wanted to publicly thank you for helping diagnose my amp problem, then giving your phone number to an online stranger, answering the phone, and talking me through what/where to solder. I fixed my amp today and it works a charm so far. Thank you so much!

He's pretty modest too.....I've seen him posting since this thread has been going and he won't come in here and get a nice round of applause!!!

Lol. Lt boob is a lot of things, modest not one of them. :D
that isn't one of my qualities for sure!
:D:D:D

Nate ..... that's awesome dude ...... so you basically did the solder joints on those ribbon cables and that fixed it?

I'm glad ...... I was sure that was the problem but you never know for absolute certainty when you can't actually put your hands on the amp.

How long did it take ya'?
A bit of a pain in the arse wasn't it?
:)

The whole project (excluding a forced break to eat and put kids to bed) probably took an hour and half, maybe two hours. They definately had that board in there tight, I was a bit scared of breaking it, but it worked. I decided that since I have a friend who is an electrical engineer he could help me fix the leads if I over-heated them. So, yeah, I just did it myself. I may have inadvertantly caused another (small) problem....the reverb cuts out after a while....sometimes. So I may have to back and resolder the connections for the verb....but not right now!!!!

Thank you so very much. You are a great value to these boards!!!

Back