Calling all writers!! Heres a chorus to build on

TheOverallKyle

Need some help finishing a song :confused: . It's about wearing a smile on your face while keeping your true emotions hidden from everyone else. Eventually you will burst in anger and let it out. I've seen the work of many songwriters on this site, and was needing a push in the right direction. Any ideas or verses?

Heres the chorus, thats all I got:

And I let it out, Everything that's inside of me
I let it out, A side that I wish you wouldn't see
I let it out, hear these unspoken words that I sing,
The cause of pain and suffering, I let it out!

Progression: F#m (out-that's) Am (inside of) G# (me-it(on next line))
USE BAR CHORDS, ONLY THE 3 BASS STRINGS
Tempo: 132-135

Let's see what you can do! :D

I will, as soon as I figure out how to play a minor barre chord with only the three bass strings...?

I guess F#m it could be played like this

-x-
-x-
-x-
-4-
-0-
-2-

but then it wouldn't be a barre chord...?

Oh, well that's neither major or minor, but hey, it gives you the flexibility of playing around with the 3rd :)

There is a nice tension to these chords - it would be good to hold onto that until the final big release of emotion.

How about following up that chorus with this little progression. Maybe it could link the chorus to a verse or something:

B - Cmaj7 - B - C(b5)

You can play it as a three string barre chord, keep the finger on the 4th fret the whole time and just shift your other fingers around to add the other notes. Or, if you wanted to stay on the bass strings you could shift it up to the 7th fret.

B
-x-
-x-
-4-
-4-
-2-
-x-

Cmaj7
-x-
-x-
-4-
-5-
-3-
-x-

B
-x-
-x-
-4-
-4-
-2-
-x-

C(b5)
-x-
-x-
-5-
-4-
-3-
-x-

Give it a spin and see what you think.

I like it, Pauly :D
Sorry about the confusion with the "Bar chord" thing. What I was really trying to say was that I was trying to get an aggressive feel into the playing. To do this, i would only strum the bottom three strings of the chord.
Haha, then it wouldn't matter if major of minor I get it :D

Last edited:
Back