Calling All Vocal Track Gurus! Your guidance has been requested

wtfuhz

5 dollar loud blunts
I've been listening to tons of songs, trying to find some nice sounding tracks. I found this song (link is below),and right now I'm wondering if anyone could give me some ideas and elaborate a little on what the producer might have used to get the vocal track to sound like this. I'm thinking tube mics, but I doubt that's the only thing. Could anyone help me get one step closer to this sound? :confused: All Time Low - Six Feet Under the Stars (acoustic) - YouTube
Early thanks for the help!

What is it about that you're dialing in on that's unique?

Oops. No Ooo you are you guuru here. Please Ignore :)

I've been listening to tons of songs, trying to find some nice sounding tracks. I found this song (link is below),and right now I'm wondering if anyone could give me some ideas and elaborate a little on what the producer might have used to get the vocal track to sound like this. I'm thinking tube mics, but I doubt that's the only thing. Could anyone help me get one step closer to this sound? :confused: All Time Low - Six Feet Under the Stars (acoustic) - YouTube
Early thanks for the help!

You want to sound like a whiny emo ?

aah, ignore those guys.:cool:

i dig a little All Time Low every now and again.

I agree, though, I'm not real sure what it is about these vocals that really is so amazing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I totally dig ALex voice, even though its a bit genric for the genre.

All I can hear on this track is what sounds like a delay with a nice pre-delay on it, very subdued and turned down, you barely notice it unless you own a pair of quality cans (if you dont own any, pick up a piar of Sennheiser HD 280 pros from Sweewater, hit ext. 1338 for Eddie Tighe, tell him Nate Sterken Referred you, see if he'll give oyu a one time discount, he might, he's done it before, but even if he don't, Sweetwater has em at the lowest price, I checked. These cans kick ass!)

I also heard what sound like some elastic audio time shifting in Pro Tools. I'm guessing the tracks are elctronically doubled and in the same exact time, with one track featuring high frequencies and the other the lows to get a richer, fuller sound and they sound like they've been panned a slight bit off center to get a fuller vocal sound. I'd have to listen again to be sure. The delay sounds like its on an aux track and then there are the parts where the vocals have been doubled. Not sure about those but they sound really nice and I'm thinking the second vocal, when it appears, has a slight, barely audible chorus to it, I think I could hear the crossover in my cans. Hope that helps! PM me if u need more help!;)

EDIT: Oh yea, almost forgot: these vocals have been run through Melodyne, an auto tuning software.

haha no. I wanna sound like a whiny emo with a good vocal track :laughings: nah, i just want some ideas as to how to get the warm sound like that.

Back