Calling all vintage fender heads!

austin4130

I just got a free bassman 2x15 cab, with no speakers.

I plan on buying a bassman head in the near future to match it.
Now a couple questions!

1. What speakers should I put in it? I've never dealt with anything bigger than 12s before, so I'm a bit lost on that.

2. What mics should I check out that would make it sound amazing recorded?

The 2nd question doesn't really matter so much, i'll be experimenting no matter what, just wondering if any of you guys have experience with that amp and could give some pointers for recording it.

Time to go play my les paul with new p-90s:D

If you want it to be like the original, grab any two random piece of crap speakers you find lying around and throw them in there, that's what Fender did.

I used to have a "Dual Showman" head w/ 2 2-15 cabs loaded with SRO 15's . Killer setup for a fender. Part of the reason for my tinnitus.

chazba

I used to have a "Dual Showman" head w/ 2 2-15 cabs loaded with SRO 15's . Killer setup for a fender. Part of the reason for my tinnitus.

chazba
I loved the SRO's I used to play bass thru a cab with 4 of the 12's.
Good lord that thing was heavy!

I would go to Ted Weber's site and look at their speakers. I'm sure he has something that would be very close to what would have been in there originally.

I'm convinced Ted Weber is the only guy to look to for speakers......unless you have cash to burn on EV's, JBL's, or Tone Tubby's.... If you are on a budget, nobody beats Ted Weber......NOBODY!

Back