Calling all producers

I saw this:

It is much better to be a producer than artist for many reasons. (maybe next months topic can be that), but the main reason is you don’t have to worry about trends. A producer has the ability to create tracks around what is in at the moment and can adapt at anytime.

And I'd have to disagree. You can't just assume that every artist follows trends...I sure as hell don't. What I write is probably about as far away from today's rap as you can get.

All I have to say is, you don't really have to give a fuck what anyone else is doing.

damn ya'll went diggin back some years (4 yrs).. LOL my 1st site i had...deleted it by mistake..hehehe

FTR- for a artist to be successfully you will need to follow some trends period..havin a few thousand loyal fans isnt goin to pay the rent...so yes that statement was true then and it still have some truth to it now..

yes you can do your own thing and dont care what anyone say...but that isnt goin to help you get a deal (commerical) to sell the all regions...its goin to keep you doin what you doin now...

to be in the game you must play the game and make the most of the fame you will have...no one in the idustry is doin what they want..they are performing to a image that the public knows... Im not sayin you cant do great thing not caring what others think..but it will keep you from gettin the deal that could make you known world wide

Well yeah, going crazy mainstream takes a lot...but I really don't expect anywhere near that kind of fame. As Immortal Technique once said:

"If you go platinum, its got nuthin to do with luck
it just means that a million people are stupid as fuck"

Totally true...with an exception to 2pac, Nas, etc.

And there's most definitely great underground rap...Murs, Brother Ali, they are better than every mainstream rapper today...

^ $$ says you'll think different in a few years. hating everything mainstream is like some phase underground fans go thru. i listen to 90% underground.. but that doesnt take away from the fact that lil wayne is fresh, and lupe is ill.

anyway..the issue at hand..

I'd be down for this.
Working on an instrumental album now..have like 100 beats, which obviously wont all go on the album. I'd trade, might be dope to have other peoples production on my next full album.

I dont come 'round these parts much these days, (although I would, If these people would give in a make a pro tools forum), but I'll watch this thread.

easy..

Well it's not that I hate mainstream...blah, I'll rap about it eventually, kinda hard to explain.

And as for the topic, I'd do this...although I'm not sure who else wants my beats here :/

any one wit beats and lookin for artists to work with - ALWAYS think of . . . Gully Jewelz - im tryin to spit on everything under the sun . .. . dont even wanna leave the sidewalk dry!!!

Reactions: mrT
Whats good Fam..havent seen you in here in a minute..whats been up
not much, i've been lurking once in the while
finishing school and starting a career basically.

it's time to get back on the saddle and clean the dust off my gears, heck i need to relearn some of them

Back