Calling all Pro Tools users!

sonicpaint

I have been looking for a good Pro Tools book to purchase but I'm not sure what one is best.

I've read some info on a couple of the books but they seem to be targeted toward newbies to recording and not just newbies to Pro Tools. I'm looking for a book that has the more advanced features and suggestions so I can use as a more in depth reference then what came with my 002. Damn .pdf bullshit!:rolleyes: You'd think you'd get a hard copy manual.

If anyone has any good suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced,
sonicpaint

Thanks but I'm not a Mac user.

I visited the link though it seems to be a Mac related site and I'm on windows. I should have mentioned that.

Thanks for the reply though.

sonicpaint

I flipped through a book at the store the other day and it looked pretty good. I didn't buy it because I had a (much) larger purchase to make that day, but I still kinda want it for my students. The title was something like:

"Producing in the home studio with Pro Tools."

While the PDF that comes with PT is well written and covers the program in detail (its really all you *need*) the other book actually takes you through the process of recording and gives you plenty of tips on which if the many techniques are best for any given situation. It also comnes with a CD of tutorial files that (I'd assume) follow the book.

Hop on Amazon and search for Pro Tools. There are a bunch of books there with some good (and bad) reviews. Also check in over at the Digidesign User Conference (duc.digidesign.com) if you haven't already.

Take care,
Chris

Back