Calendar Battery Woos

sonicpsyops

Culture Of Convenience
Hello everybody,
I'm new to this site but I would appreciate any information anyone can give me.

Lately, I've been getting this message on my Korg Triton Studio telling me that my Calendar battery is dying and needs to be replaced.

I can't seem to find a battery online (maybe I'm not looking in the right places) and the nearest Guitar Center is over a hundred miles away.

My question is, if I just let this poor battery go to the big calendar battery heaven in the sky, is this going to have a big effect on my workstation?

Is my show going to go down in flames because my keyboard can't figure out what day it is?

Incidently, how does one change a calendar battery on a Korg Triton Workstation? Is this a relatively easy process or am I going to shine the big Batman spotlight in the sky and Brian Eno will come crashing through my window to the rescue.

Appreciate any comments :)

Does it tell you what kind of battery it is?

The main issue is whether the battery soldered in place or in a snap-on holder. If it is a standard camera type battery like a CR-3202 in a holder, then replacing it should not be too big of a deal.

But if you are not comfortable doing it yourself you might consider taking it into a shop and having them do it.

sonicpsyops said:
Hello everybody,
Lately, I've been getting this message on my Korg Triton Studio telling me that my Calendar battery is dying and needs to be replaced.

My question is, if I just let this poor battery go to the big calendar battery heaven in the sky, is this going to have a big effect on my workstation?
In short, yes. If it's left long enough it could leak and damage the circuitry.
But fear not - apparently it's just a bog-standard CR2032 cell, the same kind as used in PCs.
Instructions for changing it can be found in the Parameter Guide: P319-324 in my Triton Extreme manual, and apparently P297 in the regular Triton manuals.

(I found most of this on KorgForums.com, by the way.)

Thank You

Thank you for the information, Sonicalbert and JPmorris.

Yeah, I guess batteries leaking on the circuitry would be a bad thing. I do appreciate the input because I was going to just ignore it.

It would probably be years before it leaks. But still, it's a good idea to replace the battery, and I doubt it will be that difficult to do. You'll probably just have to open up the back of the synth and snap a new CR-3202 into place.

Page 297 has the info. I searched the Parameter guide and basic guide several times and never found it until I tried this forum. Thanks for the info.
This looks like a good forum so I went ahead and registered. I've got two Triton Studio Workstations..one at each studio...and they both need new batteries....looks like a typical 3 V flat battery..>Radio Shack has them.

Back