CAL scripts for emulating instrument dynamics

Synth2k

Are there any useful CAL scripts out there that are good for emulating realistic instrument dynamics? Ideally to be used for crescendos and decrescendos in orchestral music or to even simulate bowing and that sort of thing. I know it can be done, although I don't want to have to program my own CAL routine if there are some ones available for this purpose that some kind souls would be interested in sharing :D

I am looking for an alternative to drawing in controller data which can be just a pain and I've found simple sharp upward lines when drawn in aren't nearly as effective as curved velocity envelopes. The downside, drawing in velocity envelopes that have the proper curve to them repeatedly throughout a lengthy piece of music is very tedious, especially with the pencil tool in CWPA9. A CAL script that could do this would be ideal, and a huge time saver for anyone recording orchestral compositions with MIDI and samples. I have one CAL script to do some very rough velocity enevlope routines, but it's pretty clunky and doesn't seem to work well if applied to only a few MIDI events (it locked up Cakewalk entirely).

Ryan.

Don't have a clue if there are any here that do what you want, but there are a lot of free CAL routines at:
http://freespace.virgin.net/dark.dante/Cals/

There are many cresendo routines. Although there are a lot, I went through the documentation in a couple of hours to see which ones might me of interest to me. Hope there is something there.

Thanks for the link! A lot of CAL files there, but not the type that I was hoping for. I think what I will ultimately end up doing then is writing my own CAL routine for this, and maybe different ones with slightly adjusted parameters to best suit strings, woodwinds and brass. Wish me luck!

Ryan.

Back