Cakewalk versus Vegas

OldCopper

I'm looking at buying a software package to both record and mix down mulitiple tracks. I'm going to get a Wave/424. I won't be doing Midi, just recording voice and acoustic instruemnts. My first instinct is to get Cakewalk Pro 9 because I see so much discussion of it here and elsewhere. Is there a reason I should consider Vegas Pro?

Yes I know I can read all the features and specs, and I can download demos, but the problem is I am indeed a newbie and could use some advice from the pros.

thanks!

Others can give you pros and cons although I've only heard good things about Vegas. I do know that Vegas Pro was optimized for dual processors with multithreaded code if you use NT 4.0 or Windows 2000. Something to consider for future expansion.

Layth

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Layth:
Others can give you pros and cons although I've only heard good things about Vegas. I do know that Vegas Pro was optimized for dual processors with multithreaded code if you use NT 4.0 or Windows 2000. Something to consider for future expansion.

Layth
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. That's interesting. I am indeed using dual Pentium II 400 processors and the NT platform. Thanks Layth.

I hope I'll hear some more input from others regarding differences in features and interface. Please.

definitely vegas...especially if you dont need midi.. i find vegas's interface easier to use too.. VEGAS !!

- eddie -

I want to thank the BBS members who responded to my query. I downloaded the demo of Vegas and I'm really impressed. Definitely Vegas!

Back