Cakewalk Studio Instruments in Reaper

EZWriter

I just installed Cakewalk SI and
A. No matter where I put .dlls or show them to Reaper it won't find them in my VST plugins.
B. I can drag and drop a loop from Cakewalk into Reaper (although they aren't truly working 'together' and Cakewalk has to be manually set to the same beat) but it will only drag and drop as a midi file and for some reason Reapers shows that it's playing (a bright red line goes up and down in the reading) but there is no playback of that track.

I'm using Win 7 and I wonder if this is going to be an issue again. Hope not as I BOUGHT this it isn't a demo.

I suppose I could record an entire long drum track and then convert it to wav. I'll try that as a matter of fact. But what a pain.

I'm not familar with Reaper, but can you try to run SI as a standalone and then import the wav's into Reaper?

Thanks, Chili. Yeah. I did that. Then I finally played around enough, found the right dll (no thanks to cakewalk for that) put it in the right file and they found each other. I was getting wicked feedback static, though. I finally removed all the plugs in my Yamaha audiogram and when that didn't solve it I started closing programs, cakewalk, then Reaper, to no avail. Finally I had to do a reboot. I started Reaper, no problem. Started cakewalk, no problem. Played a couple of tracks in cakewalk, no problem. The instant I dragged and dropped one into Reaper I got wicked static again and had to unplug and replug my usb to the Yamaha to get rid of it after closing both programs! This is really bugging me...

What part? REAPER has a built-in bitbridge now, if that's what you're referring to.

Also, Sorry I can't help (if this hasn't been solved yet) but I haven't had any problems with Cakewalk Studio Instruments. I'm running Win7x64.

Cakewalk installs both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the plugins. If you're running an x64 OS with REAPER x64, just delete the 32-bit versions from your plugin folder.

Back