Cakewalk plugins work in Cubase

rob aylestone

On the computer I'm usuing here I had Cubase elements - and at some point tried cakewalk because it was mentioned on here. Today I noticed Cubase pro 12 was in the list of available apps when I logged into Steinberg, and as the Two cubase 12 machines I have licenced are back at home (I'm in Belfast) I thought I'd download it expecting it to not be authorisable. Oddly - it worked fine but looking at the list of VSTis - the freebies I got with cakewalk also popped up and work fine. They're quite useful and I thought worth mentioning.

Not everything worked of course - I've got the full version of the drums at home with some extra libraries and that won't authorise, nor will the clever drum packs but the SE version and bundled drums works. One rarely used synth doesn't work either - but all my Spitfire stuff does!

I expect when I get home I'd better log in with my main system first, in case the second one won't authorise - but it seems to have worked fine.

Good to hear. I've been tempted to migrate away from Cakewalk a few times, one thing that's held me back (aside from having to buy new software and Bandlab's Cakewalk being free) is whether some of the Cakewalk specific plugins especially from X3 Producer would carry over/work in other DAWs. It makes sense they would, as long as they're in the proper VST folder(s).

Back