Cakewalk playback problem

Danelectron

I can't get any audio files to playback. I have Cakewalk ProAudio 9.03. I am using a Delta 44 card and I also have a SB live card installed on this computer. I have tried the troubleshooting tips in the manual and from the Cakewalk Homepage. The Delta 44 card is playing the normal windows sounds out. When I click on the options/midi in the Cakewalk program to set playback only the SBlive is shown. Should I see the Delta 44 card there also? Would it help to remove the SBlive card? I hope I've given enough info to get an answer to this dilema. Thanks for any responses!
Dan

It's been a while, and I have PA-8, but check 'Tools', 'Audio options', 'Drivers'. You should see all your cards/ inputs, ect. there. You need to enable them, I think. Then when you go to 'track properties', they should show up there as routing options.

mixsit,
Hmmmmm... All the drivers are enabled, and viewable in the track properties, but when I select the wavout 1/2 (or anything else) it just stays with the "midimapper". Sorry my explanations are sketchy. The computer I use to record is downstairs and this one is upstairs and when I run up from trying something I lose the sequence of events that transpire. Part of it is just sensory overload. I didn't have these problems with just the Delta card so I may just remove the SB live card. I wanted to use the SB card for the midi input. Another thing, when I look at the Sblive mixer I can see the playback meter showing output when playing Cakewalk files, but I don't have any speakers hooked up to the SBlive card so can't hear if that is where the signal is being routed(it appears that it is). I don't think this should be happening. I just don't understand! I may just implode! Thanks for your response...to be continued

Problem solved. I was going through my OOOOOld posts and found that I had answered this problem for another subscriber. I hooked up speakers to the SBlive and there was the playback. How embarrassing. Sorry for wasting your time. Dan

Back