Cakewalk PA 9 deletes audio files!

DropD

I can't stand it anymore. I'm trying to record my band's demo and Cakewalk keeps deleting the files in my Wavedata folder when I save a song.

I reformated my hard drive, reinstalled Windows and everything, erased my .wrk files and started from scratch, used a different wavedata folder, separated it from the picture folder. Still it keeps deleting audio tracks files!

What can I do???

Make sure your wave data folder names agree with cakewalk. Also, make sure your not running out of space. I can't think of another reason, but somethings weird there !

Regards,
PAPicker

The wavedata folder was created by Cakewalk itself, and yes the name match. I tried using a different folder (created a new one in Cakewalk), I reformated the whole drive, and there's 2Gb free.

It started after I tried recording 4 tracks at the same time with my Delta 44, my poor computer didn't like it and the CPU usage meter was bouncing all over the place. Mixed the snare mic with the overheads and recorded 3 tracks at once without problem. Then when I loaded my .wrk files to check the tracks, it said it couldn't find the audio files, I checked my wavedata folder and the only audio files left were the one from the last song I had recorded, those files got deleted after I reloaded and resaved that file.

I mean, if reformating and reinstalling didn't help, I can only think of a hardware failure, but everything else works fine and I can't figure out what's wrong!

Go to "Options | Audio" on the "Advanced" tab and make sure you have "Copy and manage imported files" checked. Other than that, it sounds like a job for Cakewalk tech support.

When saving audio files use "save as" not "save". Select you a predetermined folder, for retrieval later, and "save as" a normal (wrk.) file.

Have you tried saving you work as a bundle (.bun) file? That way the audio info is not saved in a seperate location from the rest of the info. Just an idea....

Should save files in *.bun format.

Cakewalk creates a separate folder for wave tracks. If you save a file with vocal tracks in normal Cakewalk format, next time you open that file on the same computer, you will hear it play normally with vocals. If you bring that file to other computers and play, you would not hear any vocals. The wave (vocal) tracks are not tagged along with your file.wrk.

If you want to hear the vocal tracks on any computer, You must save your sequence in *.bun format. The file is usually so large in size, often about >30MB for a few minutes.

Good luck.

Back