cakewalk is acting up

creaturebeats

Hey i have a P3 800mHz, 256 ram and a 30 gig hard drive. I am running cakewalk 9.3 and using a delta 10/10 as my sound card. My issue is that cakewalk throws in little clicks and crackle (along with latency) when playing back my recorded audio. It usally starts at 2nd audio track!!!

Are there any settings that i should change on my computer to stop this? I used to record on a DeLL P2/ 6gig/ 333mHZ/ 196 ram , with the same sound card and never got a crackle problem that a fresh restart (or ram booster) could not fix.

Is my 30gig hard drive 2 slow, i don't know the exact RPM's?

The individual wave files are clear because if i isolate them in Sound Forge they sound good. I checked my cables even re-routed my whole studio. It's not my mixer because when i use my MPC as the output I don't get this problem. It's only combined (more than 1 output) sound coming from my computer (DELTA 10/10).

Thankz ahead of time!

I also have a Motu2480, MidiMan 4 port USB interface along with a 250 Zip drive, 12x CD burner and 50x CD player hooked up to my PC.

creature

If you look at the output meters, are they peeking?
Maybe the waves files are ok, but maybe the two add together makes the outputs peeking.

update your drivers

I had the same problem. The problem was in the delta drivers. If you get the latest drivers from theyre site, it says in the revision that the random clicks and pops problem was fixed.

i solved the problem but i still have a problem. just take a look at my post in "newbies" it should explain everything.

i've been looking at this screen since 6AM, i'm out

thankz 4 da help

Back