Cakewalk gone Wild!! Sonar Help Needed!!!!!!

MercyfullMusic

My Sonar 1.0 is doing weird things.....

I have always used Sonar to record my band playing analog stuff, and played around a little bit with loops, never really done much MIDI stuff.
It has always worked pretty well so far until my current song I'm working on.

I decided to try to set up a MIDI track as a guide for me to record guitar tracks to and then have a drummer come in and replace those tracks. I have had to create 4 different tempos for changes in the song at different points, etc. for the first time. Everything seemed to be going okay until I went to start to mix and cut audio up, etc.

Now weird things are happening to my audio (not MIDI) sections. If I split an audio clip it it splits it in a totally different place and automatically deletes half of the clip! If I change the start time of an audio section it will skip way past where I asked for it to be and delete half of the clip! It also seems like sections I have recorded have now "moved" to different start times and I'm trying to put them back where they go.

I have opened new projects in Cakewalk and not had this problem so I'm thinking it's a setting I must have changed in this one project, that's why I thought maybe the MIDI or tempo changes were the problem. Does anyone have an idea as to what this could be?

Thanks.

I think you're basically on the right track there. Look at the Help system about locking a audio clip to absolute time. Of course if you want it to realign relative to tempo changes that's another story.

Another thing, SONAR 1 introduced something called slip editing and it was rather buggy for a while. If you had slip-edited clips and moved them, for example, the clips could seem to disappear, or partly disappear. Part of it was understanding what the slip editing really did, but there were some definite busg in that stuff.

Back