cakewalk decision

cranberry71

sorry for not posting this in the cakewalk section guys. also thanks for previous response. i am wondering though, i know pro audio 8 is priced upwards of 200.00 on ebay, but i am seeing pro audio 7 going for less than 100.00. i am only starting this homerecording biz, but still would like a program that will produce quality. anybody using 7 or should i go ahead and shell out for 8? thx in advance for responding.
--mike

I would concur with dragon. I am also totally new to pc-based recording and was contemplating purchasing cakewalk. Some of the other members here mentioned n-tracks. I downloaded it and I couldn't be happier (for now, anyway). It only took me 4 or 5 minutes to configure n-tracks and start recording. I recently downloaded the cakewalk pro 8 demo version and even to this day I cannot fathom how to record. Perhaps, once I become more of an expert and need some things that n-tracks doesn't provide, I'll think about stepping up to a higer level (and considerably more expensive) program. The cost of n-tracks is $35!! You may be better off spending your money on a good sound card or other pc upgrades for now.
....my dos centavos...

friends...

where can i find the n track demo ? i tried the search for n track and got 500 replies.. hehe.. im not that patient.. and im sure cranberry is interested too... :D

- eddie -

There are a couple of places that I found n-track.

The best one is probably the n-track home site...

http://www.fasoft.com/

which has the current released version (1.3.3) and a new 2.0 beta. I have not attempted to use the beta version at all....I have had enough experiences with beta software to start twitching violently when I see the word "beta".

...douglas

Back