CAD E-70, CTM-1000a, and Astatic CTM-1000a. Good deal / find??

tarnationsauce2

Welcome to the jungle.
Does anybody know the differences between these mics? They're nice looking SDC's with cardioid and omni capsules. Three way attenuator and three way filter. They come w/ shockmounts even.

The CAD CTM-1000a can be had for $99 for two at Musician's Friend now.

The CAD Equitek E-70 and Astatic CTM-1000a are something like $250 a piece normally.

They look all look exactly the same. The CTM-1000A is NOT a CAD mic, although designed and manufactured by them. So if you order from guitar center or musician's friend, you're going to get Astatic mics.

Yup, I just got mine in the mail.

They are Astatic. No biggie, but I wonder why MF don't label them correctly? The average consumer would probably be upset to get a different brand. No mention of CAD anywhere on these mics or instructions.

Very nice and solid mics. I haven't had a chance to really use critique them yet. But they both work great.

Astatic

Astatic and CAD are the same company.
CAD is the music store or " MI" line.
Astatic is the commercial audio line,..... ie something that would be sold to a resturant through a commercial sound contractor.
Many of the products of these 2 companies are the same except for labeling and the color of the paint.
This is a pretty good mic for the money.
I have a pair.

I've got a pair I will part with for $150.00 (or $100 each). They've been used a total of 5 times and really do sound terrific. I was extremely surprised.

One's CAD e70 the other is Astatic CTM-1000A.

Anyone interested can email me at groovecon1@hotmail.com.

Also have:
Denecke AD-20 pre/a-d converter and PS-2 phantom power for $300.00.
M-Audio MicroTrac II w/ 8GB flash card and APC USB Battery for $275.00.

Dan

Back