Cabin music

Xesi

Heyoo!

Here's the deal, in the last year i've acquired a lot of new instruments and quite frankly my house (parents house) is crammed with them now, i'm taking up two rooms but haven't got room from my drum kit anywhere.

So my Dad says we can buy/build a cabin/shed? I guess a real nice one though, 12x14 ft (pretty similar to this)
contemporary-log-cabin-large.jpg
where I can have all my instruments... I intend to soundproof and all that shit, we're getting it sometime in the next 2 months but I was wondering if this sorta place was suitable for getting a nice sound.

Last edited:
Xesi,

Sound-proofing requires MASS and more sound-proofing requires decoupled mass. AND and air-tight seal.
More info please.

Cheers,
John

Xesi,

Sound-proofing requires MASS and more sound-proofing requires decoupled mass. AND and air-tight seal.
More info please.

Cheers,
John

Sorry, this probably sounds really bum but what do you mean by MASS? I know what mass means but not in this context.

THANK YOU!

He's saying that if you want less sound coming in and out of that shed, you need more mass in the walls/ceiling and air between two masses. Just a basic(VERY basic) overview of how soundproofing works. You're gonna need a lot of bass traps as well for something as boxy as a shed.

Back