C7's GOBO's

Ran out of bread for the slot resonators.:rolleyes:

So that project got shifted behind a room-makeover.:eek:

They're gonna be either birch ply or red tenn cedar.

We're getting there one inch at a time.................

These were a fun, but grueling project. Done in my living room over a couple (a few?) months. Wish I knew how to change the resolution so the grain would show better. Fill is 3-1/2 Knauff RFB in three panels, and 4" in the slot resonator panel. Backs are 1/4-inch ply, glued (not screwed or nailed) onto the casework. 42"x90"x6" deep. I would guess about 80-90lbs each.

I thought about getting some Fender leather amp handles to use for moving them.............. just because it would look so kewl............

I waxed the bottoms pretty well so they slide over carpet easily.:)

Last edited:
Thanks Riley for posting these while I messed around with "Little Sadie" in Dm.:)

I used plastic package-banding. The stuff is 1/2" wide and .022" thick. I rolled it under the edges and used a staple gun to fasten everything to a 1"x2" pine frame. The banding works like a batton and gives backing under the fabric.

The bummer was I had to buy 9600 feet of the stuff to get the size that I wanted. Was about $50 with shipping............

So I've got plenty for future sound treatment projects.:)

The frames are held in place with Velcro tabs on the corners and center length-wise. I used 2" and cut it into 1"x4" strips and stapled those to the gobo case.

Ok, I might sound like an idiot, but I have a few more questions. That fabric looks really clean like that and I want to do that on the next gobos/panels I build.

You got the plastic banding, like on the outside of cardboard boxes? Then you just basically rolled the fabric up on it and then stretched it across the wooden frame and stapled it down? Where'd you get the banding? I wonder if there is anything at a local Home Depot that would do the same thing?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Yeah........ the fabric is stretched over a 1"x2" pine frame. Velcro holds the cloth frames in the gobo casework.

The banding I got from PaperMart.com or something like that. Grainger carries the stuff too, but is higher priced.

Back