C4 Dongle problem.

NLAlston

Hello all.

I just had to re-format my computer, and have just finished reinstalling Cubase4. It's associated dongle is recognized but, for some reason, there isn't a license shown on it. I have tried everything I could, to get this dongle set up right, and don't know what else to do. The help files suggest inserting the dongle into a USB port of another computer, but I don't have another by which to do that. Besides, the dongle itself is no issue: it is the licensing (or lack thereof) which is causing the problem.

I would appreciate anyone's help in this.

Attachments

• Error Message.jpg
    Error Message.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 47
I'm not sure I understand. The picture you've posted shows a dongle with a licence for Cubase on it doesn't it?

Anyway, if it's not working properly, head to Synchrosoft's site and download the latest security software and see if that works.

Thanks for responding. You are right about seems to be shown, but there was yet a huge problem with Cubase. The program could not be properly called up, as there was some indication of a negative issue with the dongle's protection concerns. I don't know what happened, but I just tried Cubase again - and this time it jumped right up. So, I seem to be straight now.

Thanks anyway.

glad it's working again but i wouldn't just sit on this... ya better get ahold of synchro or steiny and make sure everythings copeacetic... nothing worse than losing the use of your software at a critical time...

glad it's working again but i wouldn't just sit on this... ya better get ahold of synchro or steiny and make sure everythings copeacetic... nothing worse than losing the use of your software at a critical time...

You are absolutely right, and methinks that I shall indeed venture there. This isn't the first time that I have had issue with this matter, but it is the worst that I have had with it. If I can't seem to overcome a problematic situation with my PC, I will format it, and bring it to a fresh state. Since I have had Cubase4 I have had to format my PC more times than the number of USB outlets on my system. I had once been told that the dongle would have to be inserted in a different USB slot after any reformatting and -though I kind of took that with a grain of salt - it seems that there might have been quite a bit of 'meat' to that information. I say this because I have had some truly trying issues - with this dongle matter - after every single reformatting episode.

At all other times I couldn't get the dongle to function in the same USB slot - no matter what I did. This time, however, the dongle did decide to do as expected. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about formatting again - at least for a GOOD while, anyway :). I have the mlan16e2 coming here, in just a few days, and I am highly anticipating the marrying (and workflow) of my MotifXS to Cubase via that mLAN linkage.

Blessings,
Nathan

This sort of crap scares the hell out of me everytime I reinstall windows or build a new PC. I'm looking forward to dealing with this sort of scare in the future with Ableton Live after numerous hardware changes once I use up the 2 keys they gave me. That doesn't worry me so much because I never really use it much, but if my Cubase dongle died on me I'd flip. At the moment it's locked away safely somewhere. Tiny piece of plastic worth £500.

I'm completely against piracy, but sometimes it seems like it might be an idea to buy the software, then run a cracked version of it to avoid any complications.

I'm completely against piracy, but sometimes it seems like it might be an idea to buy the software, then run a cracked version of it to avoid any complications.

know whatcha mean but i've heard too many stories about cracks doing the bsod in the middle of a session etc...

I'm completely against piracy said:
I, too, am a very honest person - but, at the same time, have to agree with you on this also. I don't remember what the cost would be to outfit ones self with a replacement dongle (or license, I guess), but I know that it wasn't just pennies :). I guess we can hope against loss, or malfunctioning of this very tiny little contraption that is so vital to this huge - and very powerful Cubase4.

Blessings,
Nathan

I, too, am a very honest person - but, at the same time, have to agree with you on this also. I don't remember what the cost would be to outfit ones self with a replacement dongle (or license, I guess), but I know that it wasn't just pennies :). I guess we can hope against loss, or malfunctioning of this very tiny little contraption that is so vital to this huge - and very powerful Cubase4.

Blessings,
Nathan

dont think this is possible (extra dongle)... seems to me you have to take dongle 1 go to synchro site and copy to dongle 2 at which time dongle 1 is NO GOOD:eek: that's so ya cant run it on more than one machine at a time...

dont think this is possible (extra dongle)... seems to me you have to take dongle 1 go to synchro site and copy to dongle 2 at which time dongle 1 is NO GOOD:eek: that's so ya cant run it on more than one machine at a time...

OK...that's good to know, and methinks that I may have confused what I had said with another program (Melodyne, maybe?). Anyhow, I may look into doing what you have suggested, because of thinking that my dongle may be petering out (gosh...that sounds rather nasty, doesn't it? :)).

I wonder what the charge (if any) might be for doing that. I guess that I shall soon see.

Blessings,
Nathan

know whatcha mean but i've heard too many stories about cracks doing the bsod in the middle of a session etc...

Yup. That's the problem. All I know is, that if anything ever fucks up monumentally (barring my own stupidity of course) and I can't use the Cubase I paid for without shelling out for a new licence, I'll be using a crack. But it most likely will never come to that.

Back