C100 & preamp

jbal122819

Been using an AKG C1000 thru a Blue Tube/Blule Max into my Tascam 788 for several years now and am increasingly unhappy with my Vocals. I do lots of overdubbing/harmonies on country/blusey songs and seem to get more shrillness & distortion & mud as I blend the voices.
Anyone suggest possible stratagies or equipment change that might improve my sound ?? I've heard the C1000 badmouthed but have no experience with any other condenser mics - though I did try an RE20 in a studio and loved it.

Let me step way outside here and suggest an RE 20, if you've hear a mic you love there is no reason to ask here if it is good. RE 20 is a well respected mic as is its' little brother thePL20 (right #?)
The C1000 had very few fans and I don't rememer anyone who likes the c1000 aying that it was good on vox.

Been using an AKG C1000.. for several years now and am increasingly unhappy with my Vocals. ..... I did try an RE20 in a studio and loved it.

Yeah, an RE20 would be good therapy after years of C1000 abuse. But there are lots of other mics, some would say most other mics, that would make you happier than the C1000. What kind of voice do you have, and what kind of music do you do?

Last edited:
Back