C1 up ya bum! C3 not for me!

Adeus

I have had my C1 for about 2 months now and today i put the piece of shit in the cradle and set it in place to record and as i set up the software i heard a "donk!". Turned around and theres the C1 on the floor and the cradle in 100 pieces! the bloody elastic snapped and the thing fell apart! and just when i was thinking of buying a C3. DEFINATELY NOT buying one now!
I'll save my pennies and get something worth spending money on.

You're not gonna buy a mic because a mount fell apart? Alan Hyatt said himself that the box and mount were cheap shit. Said the logo sucked, too. All to keep the cost of the mic down.

Just getcha a good quality chinese mic mount. :cool:

Yeah, keepin the cost down is one thing, but no one should include cheap mounts that is going to hold the mic several feet from the floor. I've heard of it happening to other guys.
A drop on the floor does a mic no good. A half decent mount shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

it was only the elastic that snapped and it all fell apart.
Id gladly pay an extra 5$ for a "high quality elastic band".

QUOTE:......."but no one should include cheap mounts"

But most of them do! Unfortunately. So you cant only point at Studio Projects.

I would be amazed if Alan Hyatt wouldn't look after you due to this elastic failure...........JUST CONTACT HIM.

Peace...........ChrisO :cool:

Well that's definitly nice to know. My NT2 came with a very nice mount, so it looks like that'll be my mount of choice when I get the C1.

-tkr

Tekker,

That's interesting as the NT2s I've seen and also the pics on their brochure show a mount virtually identical to the one supplied with the C1s.

Remember, Rode source almost everything from China too. Their mic bodies are machined here in Aust. but that about all at this time. And that info comes from Rode themselves.

Peace............ChrisO :cool:

Adeus

Sorry to hear, your C1 did a trapeze act with out the safety net. :D

First of all, did your mic survive? If it did, or did not...not to worrry. We will fix it, and replace your shock mount. If you have been reading all the thousands of threads on our mics, yours is the first mount to fail. Not bad odds, even if I say so myself, especially sice it is an inexpensive mount, but it does work, and it works well.

So, just call me, and we will take care of your problem, as service is a big issue to our company, and you will see what the word service means.

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group
toll free: 877-563-6335

Last edited:
Thanks alot for the offer alan but i have fixed it already with a sort of oversized hair lacky thing i found in my sisters room:)
the mic hasnt suffered any damaged that i can tell and as i live in australia it would probably be more trouble than its worth.
Thaks anyway!

Happened to my TLM 103

The shock mount that comes with the C1 is a work of art compared with the mount that came with my TLM 103.

The threads were so messed up I couldn't get it to go on the mic stand. After contacting my dealer they procured a new mount for me. Unfortunately after screwing it on the unit and placing the mic it fell off during the middle of a take.

I must say the bang it made on my beautiful wooden floor made an impression.

The TLM 103 did survive but has a nice dent in it.

I have since modified one of the chinese mounts to handle it. For the price I paid for the TLM 103 I would have expected a better shock mount. It was a piece of crap visually and functionally.

Enough said.

My C1 just fell out of the shockmount too and got dented.
It stopped working so I opened it up. Inside the C1 I found a Neumann
U47 that worked perfectly! Should I thank Neumann (or Alan) for the
mike? Of course I expect the C1 to be repaired too.....
(not true, however, never let the truth be in the way of a good story!)

Let us not look past the shockmount Oktava wants people to believe is worth $175... I'd guess it took all of $3 to make.

chessparov

Hey man, if your mic has a problem as a result of it falling...let me know. You know I will fix it. I have many spare headstocks and bodies, so just let me know. I believe in service, and I don't care if it was bought new or used...I will simply fix it. I do that with Joemeek as well. I have fixed many units that guys bought on ebay. If I can't treat my customers the way I want to be treated, then I should get out of the business. Sure, I get a little hyped up on these sites sometimes, but that does not diminish my resolve for excellence.

Adeus ,

I will be happy to send my distributor in Australia a new mount for you. Mixmasters is my distributor so just let him know you want the new mount, and I will send it to him. The good news is, your mic took a big drop and is still working, so the build quality is a plus.

Alan, I was just trying to be funny... My C1 is working fine and it was
never dropped-please accept my humble apology.
One of the main reasons I purchased the C1 is you have a great
policy about taking care of your customers. (even smart alecks like me)

Alan And Ausrock

I live in perth and i got the C1 from Mixmasters. If it not going to be too much trouble I would like a new mount. thanks alot!

Should I get in contact with Mixmasters and explain the situation or should i wait for you to tell and let me know what to do here?
Thanks Alan!

BY the way, Perth is on the other side of the country to mixmasters so would it be easier for you to send it directly to me?

Back