Bypass all effects?

elil

I'm a new user to Sonar 4 and am loving it so far. I recently learned how to bypass the effects bin on each track and find this very useful for maintaining system stability during overdubs.

However, I was wondering if anyone knew of a global effects bypass where you can just turn off/on all plugins with one click?

I do not know of any such feature, but I was thinking... maybe a CAL script could do something like this? Does anyone know?

Don't know if you already know this feature, or if this info is of any use to you..

But when all the plugins gets a bit too heavy on my tracks, i use the "freeze track" feature on the tracks with the most plugs.. This is a feature that mixes down the sound, as it sounds with plugins to a track without plugins.. then later you can choose "unfreeze" and boom!! the track is back as you left it with the plugins..

Wow, that might be very useful! So let me see if I understand this right: by freezing it does a mix down of all the plugins for that track to a single wav and temporarily puts it in the same track w/ the same automation? That's better than bypassing all the FX. How do you do it, is it one of the right click options?

Back