Buzzing noise microphone problem

fuk_tHElaWzzz

How do I get rid of this buzzing noise??? If you havent been reading my posts I have a Emu 0202 usb interface with an Audio Technica 2020 Mic connected by a phantom power supply. I turn on the direct monitoring button on the front of the emu and turn the L-Mic knob to about 3 o clock and can hear nothing but his buzzing noise in my headphones and no trace of my voice through the mic. Anybody had the same issue??? Im glad my ish finally recognizes my mic but I cant get rid of this dam buzzing noise and record MY VOICE.. Lemme know your thoughts/////////////

Is the buzzing just on playback or when you record something, is the buzzing in the actual recording too? Can you get any kind of signal from the mic? ie: is it recording your voice at all?

Record a short WAV file, then close your recording software and turn off the direct monitoring. Then open the WAV file in Windows Media Player or something to see what it sounds like.

the buzzing is on both playback and recording. I dont know if Im getting a signal from the microphone but it is NOT recording my voice whatsoever. I can hear nothing but a buzz throughout the whole recording.

Couple of ideas mate. Are you using shielded cables? Is there any transmitting equipment anywhere near by? Maybe wi-fi or anything? Is the mic near any speakers?

Back