buzz noise with ourboard gear

Modern_Talking

hi guys . . .

Quick question. . .

I seem to be getting a terrible buzz noise when I plug my outboard gear (EQ and compressor) into any insert ch on the mixing board.

When I remove the insert cables, everything is quiet and normal. . .

How can I remove this noise. I already tried changing cables, and that didn't help. . . .

It only comes on when I connect the outboard gear into the insert channels, or if I run my sound modules into the outboard gear and them from there into the mixer inout ch. . .

I even have my power cables and patch cables all separated. . . . I am using the Alesis 3630 and a DBX 3212 EQ . . . Is it because of the low end gear that this noise is being introduced or ? ? ? ? ?

thanks.

Sounds like you have a ground loop problem. Are they plugged into the same power outlet? If they're close plug it in to the same outlet. You can also use a plug adapter that lifts the ground from the EQ. They're the adapters you use to plug a 3 prong plug into a 2 prong outlet.

lander said:
Sounds like you have a ground loop problem. Are they plugged into the same power outlet? If they're close plug it in to the same outlet. You can also use a plug adapter that lifts the ground from the EQ. They're the adapters you use to plug a 3 prong plug into a 2 prong outlet.

hi and thanks for the reply.

I tried that and it's still the same . . no change at all . . . and yes it is a ground problem. . . I even removed all the equipment from the power bar and connected only the mixer, eq and the compressor, with nothing else going or connected to that ac lines. Still the same noise.

I also tried different good power bars and still the same. The next thing I'm going to try it to get a power conditioner and see if that help. . . This is so strange that the buzz noise only comes in when it pluged into an insert channel.

Back