buzz noise when cracked up

Modern_Talking

hello guys. . .
quick question. . .
When I turn up the fader on my mixing board which is feading in my bass module (JV1010) I tend to hear a buzzing noise when I try to bring the level close to 0db on the meter.
I always try to record as hot as possible with with all my tracks so that my main instruments read around 0db, but when I turn up the bass module track, buzzing noise start to come in. When it's turned a little down, the noise is not there. And no, the trim or the gain knob is completely turned down or set to 0 and the volume on the module is turned fully up.

If I lower the fader of the other tracks so that the bass track can be heard, then increase the overall volume, then I am introduced to Mr. noise.

I even went out and bought high quality shield cables, separated all the patch cords from the power cords etc. How can I get rid of this buzzing noise. I don't think anything is wrong with the unit. I hooked up this module on both my mixer (mackie & behringer) and same thing. Buz noise comes in when trying to level at 0db.

Maybe too much eq'ing on the bass track is setting that noise, or I can get some device that will cut off that noise so that I can boost the signal up.

thanks.

Back